StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oxford grips come with a rheostat of sorts and it occurred to me that it might be able to control a heated jacket liner as well as the grips. This would save having 2 sets of wires, 2 controllers and some cash.
Is this do-able?
I cannot work out the current draw of the grips and jacket combined from the websites, nor figure out whether the bar mounted controller is "man enough" for the job.
Lastly, I assume that the 650 can handle the draw, if both aren't on high - I rarely have the grips over 50 %. Assume a Widder or Warmnsafe @ +/- 35watts.
An alternative might be to hook up a socket receptacle on the bike to take a cigarette lighter type plug for the jacket (and also a tire inflator if needed)

Advice please.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I use a Widder vest and heated gloves on one heat troller and the heated grips on another. The 650 has enough power output. I like the added heat from the grips as the gloves are not always warm enough. Even if the troller can handle the load, the grips or the vest might not provide the heat levels you want. Depending on conditions, I'll turn one on higher than the other.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts