StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about installing my gps in a new location, but i don't care for the smart bars, and the price major companies ask for them.

Any suggestions on products available? I saw one member here made them for the previous gen of Vees, and i think revtech had one on ebay too. I saw a couple pictures on google, but not much on fortnine for sale.

All i need is a rack behind the windscreen and a ball, really.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thinking about installing my gps...... Any suggestions on products available?
All i need is a rack behind the windscreen
Null, you don't mention what GPS you have. That may impact availability of products. My old Garmin came with a holder for motorcycle application, but no way to attach it. I made a rack for over the gauges myself -- good ole DIY studios. If you are handy that way, imagination is your only limit. My gps holder is mounted atop the rack so it sits above the gauges, in good eye sight, and it sits right behind the windshield. The rack starts down at the four bolts holding on the windshield (anchored there) then wraps up and over the gauges, where it is anchored into the tupperware using some screws to replace the OEM plastic rivets.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an over the dash mount from AdventureTech on my 2014 DL1000 and I love it! I have a Garmin Zumo 590 and it puts the unit right in my line of sight without being in the way. I also have my phone up there too so I can work my tunes and/or use it as a GPS if I'm not using the Garmin. It used the existing hardware and is not in the way of my Givi Airflow windshield. I think he also had just a bracket with a ball as well that goes in behind your windshield but is not a full on shelf. I have been very pleased with mine.

AdventureTech Dashes and Mounts

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
I made a shelf for trinkets out of a sheet of aluminum. i attached to the existing dash screws. I did have to use a rt angle doubler to keep flex to a minimum.
The DIY guys make it easy if you have a garage full of stuff.
I have a Garmin GPS and a voltmeter and the switch for my running lights mounted to it.
No, I don't have pics.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really not a fan of the shelve thing, but that's personal preference, i'm sure it would be more practical. Then again, not sure it would fit under my windshield (Vstream sport) that already rubs on plastic if i use the setting with the most angle.

Gonna ask my dealer about the adventuretech bracket pricing, maybe i can save the shipping/import fees costs or something.

Ps: Damn it, the more i look at the shelf, the more i think it could be very useful for another project i've been thinking about lately... I may change my mind yet :p Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
4,508 Posts
I'm really not a fan of the shelve thing, but that's personal preference, i'm sure it would be more practical. Then again, not sure it would fit under my windshield (Vstream sport) that already rubs on plastic if i use the setting with the most angle.

Gonna ask my dealer about the adventuretech bracket pricing, maybe i can save the shipping/import fees costs or something.

Ps: Damn it, the more i look at the shelf, the more i think it could be very useful for another project i've been thinking about lately... I may change my mind yet :p Thanks guys
You are aware that Richland Rick is the designer/builder of AdventureTech products and is a regular on this forum?
I doubt that your dealer can provide a lower price than the manufacturer. And I'd suggest that any import fees are less likely to be applied to a private import for personal use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts