StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody suggest a decent little gadget I could Velcro to my Pat Walsh dash or fairing panel that will give me a digital outside temperature reading and also a digital compass?

After getting a Sigma digital bike speedo, this temp/compass is really the only thing I feel like I am missing as far as informational display goes when I am riding. I do have a GPS mounted sometimes, but don't usually ride with it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Formotion products.
They offer a whole bunch of different instruments for your moto. I have an analog clock and temp gauge on my handle bars. You can get them with mounts or stick on

·
Registered
824 Posts
old thread I know, but my experience with formotion was not good-beware

I got a clock and thermometer for Christmas from my daughter. I had hinted for them as I had them in the past and liked them.
The second hand fell off the clock a few weeks ago. I contacted formotion and explained the problem and that I had received it as a gift. I was told I needed a receipt for the broken clock to be covered under warranty. But I could send it in and pay for refurbishing.
I explained again that it was a gift-I do not ask for or receive a receipt when I accept a gift.
I was told three additional times-"no receipt-no warranty".
I find that to be absolute chicken $#!+ behavior.
I urge you to never purchase a formotion product.
If you buy one of their products-save the receipt.
If you ask/hint for one as a gift, be sure to be crude and ask for a receipt too.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Was hoping to see some decent recommendations, was thinking of getting something like this as well.

·
Administrator
13,753 Posts
On my old 2006 DL650 I wen't though several different choices. Any that did not have a remote temperature probe were crap as the temperature displayed was affected way to much by sun. I got a fairly decent one from Aerostitch that was advertised as NTO waterproof and wrapped it up good enough that I got a year or more out of it. Then I just gave in and got a Kisan Charge Guard that besides showing bolts and amps also displayed the temperature. It is still on the 2006. Lots of money but for me worth it.

..Tom

·
Registered
969 Posts
Just bought these from Cyclemax. Take a look at the "witch volt meter" thread on the 2004-2011 650 section. Some nice pics.
Mini LED Digital Thermometer 45-1407
Mini LED Digital Voltmeter 45-1405

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
The digital thermometers on Ebay are ridiculously cheap.......$2-$3 shipped (how do they do that???). Maybe look under "aquarium thermometers". They do have a pigtail sensor attached........I ran mine inside the front cowling, out of direct sunlight. Battery operated......mine still works after a year or so. I had to fabricate a little mount for it. Pet Supply Stores have them, but 5X the cost of Ebay. After spending $25 at Aerostich for a liquid-filled analog temp gauge that read waaay "high", I tossed it and went the cheap route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts