StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the crash bar and skid plate combo from Outback Motortek for my 2016 DL650. Love the design and fit and finish is excellent. Just wanted to note that the left side bar sits out about 3/4" of an inch or so more than the right. I contacted them about it and Mark indicated that it is designed that way and they have no plans to correct it. Just an FYI before you pull the trigger on it. Skid plate fit up just fine and looks good. I haven't put any of it to use yet so maybe I'll have some feedback after a few months.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Did he say WHY they were designed this way?
LOL yeah, that's just a mistake in the design. Sounds like they made an error in the design and ordered them at quantity from somewhere without getting a prototype, so that's the "design" until they order another batch.

Just drop it on that side a couple times and it will match.

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
"Just drop it on that side a couple times and it will match."

I love a practical solution to non problems. Great minds thinking alike!:grin2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's odd. I bought the OM skid plate, crash bar and centrestand combo through AdventureMoto in Australia. The were shipped late last year, so I assume they were manufactured in 2019. They seem pretty tough. I fitted them myself and they are within a few millimetres of symmetrical. My bike is a 2019 Wee.
Left OM Crash Bar.jpg
Right OM Crash Bar.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts