StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a new member. Well yesterday was a pretty good day for me. I sold my 07 DR 650 in the AM and had my 06 DL 650 by early PM. I had decided that although the DR is a good bike, for my use the DL was a better choice. I'm looking forward to this group. Mike, Klamath Falls Or

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the club. Make sure you post a picture of your new ride.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome Mike, I'm a new GL owner as well. If they are as good as everyone says it's going to be a good summer....good luck with it.........TD

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Welcome Mike, both fun bikes. The DR is fun on the back roads (and dirt) but the DL can cover more miles in more comfort. At least for this young guy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Mike:

Got to say you picked a great bike (same year as mine). But also I have to say you live in a truly beautiful area. I was in, around and by Klamath Falls last summer during my annual "out west) ride.

Truly a gorgeous part of great Country.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
you're gonna miss the DR...but welcome to the club anyway.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Welcome!

Couple of years back I made exact move as you did. Loved the DR but never really used it as such. Kept modding it and I realized if I keep going, I'll make it into a DL lol. Had good times but DL was made for me... over 20000 miles later I still love my trusty Wee!

·
Registered
527 Posts
You'll miss it.....and love the change. I'm fortunate to have the 2005 model year of each. They're not new, but I can thankfully keep both of 'em as long as work holds up.

Really enjoy the Wee for overall comfort and any distance stuff. Plus it's the only one my wife will go with me on.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Did the same thing in 2004. Loved the DL but missed the DR. Bought a new DR in 2007. Still have both.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too have tasted the thumper fun and still have one! I love my DL650 but I still have an XR650L around for hardcore off-road fun! Maybe I am just too small to handle the beast off-road (160 lbs) but the hundred and something pounds difference is a LOT to me! Having both is perfect but if I only had to have one it would be the DL650. Have fun!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I miss my DR too sometimes. But I cannot afford both. Sometimes I am tempted to trade again for a Dr650 but I know I will miss the versatility of the DL which is more practical for the kind of riding I do

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice to have a DR for the dirt for sure!!! The DL is great if all your going to do is street and some very basic dirt roads. I have a DRSE 350 and love it! Having both is the best!!

In any case, if it's just the DL you will love it!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
DR out DL in

I just sold my DR650 and bought a '12 V-Strom. I'm quite sure I'll like the new bike (never rode a V-Strom) I don't think I'll miss the DR, never did anything but hard surface roads anyhow. But I will miss the ease of service for the DR. Never owned a bike that simple to maintain.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I just sold my DR650 and bought a '12 V-Strom. I'm quite sure I'll like the new bike (never rode a V-Strom) I don't think I'll miss the DR, never did anything but hard surface roads anyhow. But I will miss the ease of service for the DR. Never owned a bike that simple to maintain.
And now you have purchased a bike that almost doesn't need maintaining at all. :yesnod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts