StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to be different I thought I'd start a new thread for our own Bingara RR.

Well what can you say about this Gathering, just the following I think, would sum it up by all those who went along...... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

To Ian (Strongarm) and Steve (Farmer Strom) and your wives, a BIG HUGE GIGANTIC THANK YOU for all the effort in putting your hands up, and for making all those great arrangements which made the weekend such a success. :yesnod::thumbup::thumbup::fineprint:
Also a BIG THANK YOU TO Mr & Mrs Wacko-Ocker for the great job on the shirts, it was great to see so many wearing them on the weekend. :thumbup:

To Wardy (Saturn5), am very sorry to hear about you being ill Brian, would loved to have caught up with you mate, but am glad your ok, and I know we'll ride together again sometime!,
To Tweed Strom, sorry to hear about your accident, bad news about the bike, but more importantly, great news that your ok, if a little bruised, bikes can be rebuilt replaced, great people can't be!

Now about our weekend away..........

Jas and I had a most awesome trip, it was great to see some old friends, and great to see and meet so many new faces, and make some new friends, who we'd love to catch up with again sometime in the future.
Leaving home Thursday, it was supposed to be a lazy ride to Dubbo for the first night, but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men! :headbang:
After doing a scrupulous check of road conditions to make sure my chosen route was clear we headed off through Goulburn towards Crookwell, Tuena, and onto Molong, Orange, Parkes, The Dish, and Dubbo. Did I forget to mention that I downloaded an app from the RTA to my Ipad specifically for this reason! Well guess what, they didn't mention the roadworks which closed the road 2km north of Tuena from 7am - 6pm, so we had to detour through, Bigga, Reids Flat, Woodstock before we could head north again!
Anyhow here's the map link for the trip up.
Marulan NSW to Imperial Hotel - Google Maps
I'll post a couple of pics on this and Pt2 and the rest you can look through at your leisure via my photobucket album here.
2012 VStrom Gathering pictures by DLiciousVStrom - Photobucket
First photo is of an old friend, ahhh the memories! :green_lol:

Gilgandra Rural Museum.......a must go place if your out this way!:thumbup:

Some of the old treasures to be found in it!

An Aussie made Chamberlain Tractor

Then it was ride ride ride till we made it into Bingara about 5pm on Friday in time to meet up with all who made the night's sauge, and steak sizzle!

That's it for now, more to come in Pt2, and I'll also be posting some vids to my YouTube channel once I get them downloaded.........

Cheers

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
469 Posts
Good to meet up with you and Jas again Paul, some good photos there of a memorable and enjoyable trip.
Cheers Ian

·
Registered
868 Posts
Great meeting everyone

Paul & Jas thanks for the photos, great to meet you both and I hope Jas is feeling better. It was a good weekend and I enjoyed my chat/discussion with you and Guy about wee or vee Saturday arvo in the pub. Will no doubt see you both again some time.

Cheers

Brett

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
G'day Paul & Jas,
Great meeting you both and going for a ride on Saturday arvo even if we did try and find the Phantom Bushranger and his flat tyre :green_lol:
But the later ride to the Dam and the lookout was well worth it.
Hope you've got your voice back Jas and feeling better.

Great pics and memories of the trip to Bingara..wow...what a weekend!!:thumbup:

I've just arrived home from my trip up North today (Fri 30th) after 2,800kms of great riding, meeting new and old mates,oh yeah not forgetting relloes..

My Poor little wee-strom is desperately in need of a good washing and a major service....but wow it performed effortlessly and didn't miss a beat...even though I dropped it in a mate's driveway and broke a blinker lens...but we won't go there will we:oops:

I'm just about tired of living out of a bag right now so it's time to have 1 day off before I settle back into reality.....work:thumbdown:

It was super great meeting everyone at Bingara and many thanks for Strong-arm and Farmer Strom for putting it all together...it was awesome:thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

wobbly_boot

(Dave)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Thanks Paul and Jas,

Not sure about the pic of you and I having our breakfast coffee/tea though.
Etiquette says "extend the pinky finger" when drinking tea, etiquette makes me look like a goose though. :green_lol:

Looking forward to another ride and catch up in the near future. :hurray:

I will get to doing a report and pics when I get the chance [got back from Bingara and have been flat out since...... work/medical appointments etc.- they have decided what is wrong with me and what to do about it :yikes: ].

Ahhh, memories of the Parkes ride....must do that one again too. :fineprint:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good to meet up with you and Jas again Paul, some good photos there of a memorable and enjoyable trip.
Cheers Ian
We'll see you next time we're up your way or your donw this way mate, there's always a bed here for you!

Paul & Jas thanks for the photos, great to meet you both and I hope Jas is feeling better.
Cheers
Brett
Thanks Brett, it was a great little chinwag with you and Guy. Jas is feeling much better now, but missing all the nice people she met on the weekend like me.

G'day Paul & Jas,
But the later ride to the Dam and the lookout was well worth it.
Hope you've got your voice back Jas and feeling better.
Cheers
wobbly_boot(Dave)
Great to meet you too Dave, Jas is much better, I'm sure we'll all meet up again!

Thanks Paul and Jas,

Not sure about the pic of you and I having our breakfast coffee/tea though.
Etiquette says "extend the pinky finger" when drinking tea, etiquette makes me look like a goose though. :green_lol:
LOL Be thankful I didn't post up the following photo Jas took of you :yikes:
Ahh Yes we will have to do that one again Steve, but who's bringing BARBARA? :confused:
Ahhh, memories of the Parkes ride....must do that one again too. :fineprint:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks Paul, as always Nice Pics :thumbsup:

It was good to catch up, hope Jas has got her voice back.

Muddy will be impressed with the piocs of all the KTMs in the museum :green_lol::mrgreen::green_lol:

Thanks again.

:cheers2:
BOB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts