StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on the Wildwood 400 ride and coming around a corner there was a three inch rock sticking out and hit the side of the front tire and down I went.
Going less that 10mph but it was on gravel so I had some minor damage.
Want to get her back to her original state.

The front turn signal is broken. Want to replace it with some flush mounted turned signals so they don't break in the future. Will be replacing both turn signals. What is everyone recommending for a better and cheaper replacement?

The black part around the headlights is scratched on the right hand side and the front fender is scratched.
I have crash bars and there is zero damage on the tank, seat, back of bike etc.

What is the best way to fix the black plastic part around the headlight?

Right now I am just planning on sanding smooth the crash bar where it got scratched and painting it black.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Roger

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went with the little LED aftermarket ones. (short stalk Look like little arrows.) in the front and the matching flush mounts in the rear. They look great and the front dont stick out too far.

The problem: They are not bright enough for day time use. (Basically ... they suck!) They could be bright enough but the manufacturer cheaped out and used junk LED's

I have since bought 4 Whelen TIR3's in Amber and am working on mounting them on the bags in the rear and on the hand guards in the front. They have 3 LED's each and ARE Plenty Bright!

I also bought a red one for an extra brake light. They have different flash patterns you can program.

Still working on this project so no pictures yet.

The point: Dont buy the aftermarket LED's as they are worthless during the day.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
If it's scratches you want to hide, ( around the lights ) I think Bed liner spray will do a good job. Other people have used this paint/spray to texture the bike flat black. Not too bad looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts