StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ottawa ON .. '06 DL650
Ottawa is a great biking city if you overlook the short season .. I live 1 Km north of the airport and can get out of city traffic into the back roads (no speed limit there you know ... ) in about 5 minutes.
The wee strom is great .. drive to work every day if it isn't raining cats and dogs.
Previous bike was a Kawasaki Ninja 500 .. it was ok, but the wee strom is much better .. much more stable at speed, much easier to negotiate city traffic, much more comfortable!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi GT500 that was me coming out of the Bell station. I think I've passed you further south before. The top case was a give away. There seems to be quite a few of us in the Ottawa area. We will have to arange a ride some day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is an Oct 1,2009 charity ride to Calabogie and back for the United Way. $20 donation. Ride is from 10 Wellington, Gatineau QC email me at [email protected] for details. I plan to ride the event and taking the day off work to go.

·
Registered
392 Posts
You're going to love the hills just north of the capital. I'm about an hour east of you and spend most of my riding time in the laurentians. I have just started to explore the gatineau region, but until highway 50 is finished in 2012 GRRR I don't get out there as much as I would like to. Lots of nice rides up there, kazabazua, the gatineau park (watch out for the police there), that's if you ever get tired of calabogie and the lavant area.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats on the Wee and welcome to the forum. There was a local Ottawa ride last spring - hope to do it again next spring. Enjoy the colours!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts