StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Early stages of planning trip from Ottawa to New Orleans.

Thinking
Day 1 Ottawa to Cleveland or Columbus

Day 2 to Nashville

Day 3 or 4 to Nola

Any opinion comments

Still no idea how I'm getting back. Maybe through blue ridge.

If you have any recommendations for cheap but clean hotels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know of good place to stay outside of New Orleans.
We plan on staying one night I town but looking for a clean safe place for the preceding night then in the morning ride in to New Orleans early.

Also anyone been to New Orleans with bike. Any recommendations for hotels with safe parkings while I get drunk?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Anyone know of good place to stay outside of New Orleans.
We plan on staying one night I town but looking for a clean safe place for the preceding night then in the morning ride in to New Orleans early.

Also anyone been to New Orleans with bike. Any recommendations for hotels with safe parkings while I get drunk?
Planning a similar trip. Did you find a decent hotel, any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Heading south out of Nashville the Natchez Trace Pkwy is a nice ride all the way to Natchez Mississippi. Fairly low speed limit though, so it will take the better part of a whole day to ride it, but there is camping there if you want to.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would avoid New Orleans, it is overrated and nothing really special IMHO. Bourbon street is a good time if you like night life, drinking, and or live music. Other than that it is a dump and it really isn't that safe of a place. Cajun food is something special though.

The Trace is wonderful if you want an easy-going two lane road with no commercial traffic. I like going on it for an hour or two, but I get tired of the 50mph speed limit. They are not afraid to give tickets for going 5 mph over the limit.

I would recommend you make it over to Robbinsville, NC. It is probably 2.5 - 3 hours from Nashville. That is some of the best riding east of the Mississippi River.

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts