StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can avoid taking the 401/3/7 & QEW between Toronto and Hamilton (Ancaster, actually)? I'm quite happy taking #7 from Ottawa to wherever Toronto starts these days, but I'll always avoid the 4's if I can...scenic routes are ok with me, too!

Thanks!

Richard

B

·
0 Posts
Without describing a million back roads to use, you could use 7 across to 404 then 9 across the rest. It's a bit north of where you want to go but far enough out you will avoid city traffic.

Then you would just come straight down 6 from Arthue.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the directions

Bob, thanks for the directions. Looks like I won't be coming down, after all. Holy smokes, though, you really have to travel way north to avoid the traffic, eh? Not a surprise, really...I have a nephew who works in downtown Toronto but lives in Wasaga Beach. Of course he's kind of nuts, too.

I'll give you a shout before I head down your way the next time.

Richard

B

·
0 Posts
OK but I don't live in that area. I live in Owen Sound 160+ K north of the GTA

G

·
0 Posts
Likely 158k north of the GTA this morning. Isn't Toronto growing by a couple of miles a day?! I hear Markdale is like the new Richmond Hill...

B

·
0 Posts
Not quite that far but Orangeville has exploded with the suburbs.

The best thing about being in Grey Bruce is we don't have any 4 lane highways. This has slowed expansion [a good thing since I live here] and forced it up the 400/11 corridor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts