StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Ottawa area riders and beyond. Sept 10th & 11th is the date for this years Calabogie Boogie. This is the third year that a dual sport event has been included along with the trail bikers. For those that came on the ride I lead in Lanark, this is more of the same type of riding. Great windy Lanark roads of hard pack gravel, pavement. The routes are GPS self guided. People without GPS can group together with someone that does. There will be sweep riders and truck/trailer support. Both the trail riders and the dual sport meet for lunch out on the trail.

This is part of the off road Ontario series and is organized by the Bytown Motorcycle Association. There are more aggressive routes set for lighter smaller displacement dual sports. The routes are very appropriate for us heavier displacement Stroms.

Hope to see you there. Vfrog Paul

Here is the link for info and registration.

OFTR - The Ontario Federation of Trail Riders

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Polly's - best food in Calabogie

Check out Polly's Shanty restaurant & cantering, in downtown Calabogie, just north of the bridge on the west side #12603 Lanark Road.

I guarantee it's the best food in or anywhere close to town. Maybe call ahead to reserve if you're a big group 613 752-1888 or email [email protected]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Check out Polly's Shanty restaurant & cantering, in downtown Calabogie, just north of the bridge on the west side #12603 Lanark Road.

+1. I've stopped there twice this summer. Both times they seemed totally unperturbed by the litre or two of water that dripped from my riding gear.

Nice place, very good food. Found it by accident the first time - "any port in a storm". I'll be back again.

Marc

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

What! No one else coming. Great Lanark backroads. Add some adventure to the adventure bike. Get off the pavement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts