StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
going not sure what day. hopefully the new vstrom will be there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've gone to the show a couple of times, including last year. It's always struck me as a bit lame, basically just a bunch of the local dealers with whatever stock they have on their floors. But it's a long winter, and I understand the need to get one's moto fix. I'd be surprised if the new 1000 is there.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've gone to the show a couple of times, including last year. It's always struck me as a bit lame, basically just a bunch of the local dealers with whatever stock they have on their floors. But it's a long winter, and I understand the need to get one's moto fix. I'd be surprised if the new 1000 is there.
I will find out.. One of my friends is the owner of Motorsports World here in Ottawa.. His shop will be at the show... I may even work at his booth.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'm a couple hours away, sounds like it's not worth the trip?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bike Show

I went to the Toronto show last month , the 2014 V was not there .

It's always fun to see all the different aspects of motorcycling brought together , though , and I got a great deal on a Schuberth C3 pro helmet .

Alex

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the Toronto show last month , the 2014 V was not there .

It's always fun to see all the different aspects of motorcycling brought together , though , and I got a great deal on a Schuberth C3 pro helmet .

Alex
Just confirmed.. The Vstrom will not be at the Ottawa show...I'm still going on Saturday

·
Registered
710 Posts
Just confirmed.. The Vstrom will not be at the Ottawa show...I'm still going on Saturday
I might go.

So, how does one know another VStrom owner in a crowd of motorcyclists?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm going on Saturday, and only take a little break of the winter blues.:thumbdown:.

·
Registered
710 Posts
srpkcop and Gobear: I think I'll show up Saturday as well for a look around. PM sent to you two. Maybe we can meet.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Well the bike show was bigger and better this year than last, a little too much Harley stuff, lots of nice tight pants everywhere.

·
Registered
710 Posts
My bad.. Forgot you phone number at home.. Did you two connect
OK. Missed srpkcop as well, he couldn't make it till Sunday. I did run into supernewf71 at the Vicious Cycle / Twisted Throttle booth, along with his Ural-riding buddy. Had a good chat. We'll all have to do a ride in the spring. I'm ready to meet up with any of you for coffee or drinks before then. Yet two months of winter ahead. You've my telephone number ...

The show was good enough, for Ottawa! We are not, after all, the Centre of the Universe. That, I've heard tell, is down the road about 400 Kms.

Marc

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK. Missed srpkcop as well, he couldn't make it till Sunday. I did run into supernewf71 at the Vicious Cycle / Twisted Throttle booth, along with his Ural-riding buddy. Had a good chat. We'll all have to do a ride in the spring. I'm ready to meet up with any of you for coffee or drinks before then. Yet two months of winter ahead. You've my telephone number ...

The show was good enough, for Ottawa! We are not, after all, the Centre of the Universe. That, I've heard tell, is down the road about 400 Kms.

Marc
They need to rename it Ottawa Harley show.. As I felt it was weighted in that direction.

Still we need to support it ..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, I found it better than I first thought. At least it was a little break from the winter blahs to be around motorcycles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts