StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wondering about the interest in having a spring ride Saturday May 3rd? ( Starting from the Esso station in Almonte corner of hwy 29 and 16 )

Starting in Almonte at 10:00

Possible route

511 to 508 Calabogie

508 to 34

34 to 132 come in the back end of Renfrew ( good place for lunch on the 132 )

Renfrew to 52 to Burnstown

52 to White lake

White lake to Waba

Waba to Pakenham

Pakenham to Almonte

·
Registered
487 Posts
I will check calendar. Might be coming along.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I will put the date on my calendar. I know plenty of back roads if there is a desire for some. Route looks fine to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On The Road Again

Sounds like a great way to clear the cobwebs from the long winter. I would be interested in joining up for the ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sounds like a great way to clear the cobwebs from the long winter. I would be interested in joining up for the ride. :thumbup:
Yeah, I'm interested. Closer to home than either St. Jerome or Barrie, which I was also considering for that weekend. Out and back the same day makes this the ride of choice for me, this year anyway.

A bit of gravel or dirt road would make it even nicer. I know a little stretch or two. Vstrompaul knows many. (But, I'll go with the consensus on this).

Oh, my cobwebs got blown away nicely today. Nice ride, barely wet at all; but we never saw the promised 14 degrees either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wondering about the interest in having a spring ride Saturday May 3rd? ( Starting from the Esso station in Almonte corner of hwy 29 and 16 )

Starting in Almonte at 10:00

Possible route

511 to 508 Calabogie

508 to 34

34 to 132 come in the back end of Renfrew ( good place for lunch on the 132 )

Renfrew to 52 to Burnstown

52 to White lake

White lake to Waba

Waba to Pakenham

Pakenham to Almonte
Would love to but instead my wife and I are doing this

IBA Meat Lovers 1000

Can't wait!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Doing this ride, maybe bringing along couple more bikes, going to see if my ural buddy will be tagging along.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've been told I have to come in to work on the 3rd*&?%*! I hate it when working gets in the way of living.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looks like I will miss this ride, as I now need to be elsewhere on Saturday. We will meet up and ride yet this summer.

Marc

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just checked forecast. On Saturday there is only a 20% chance of 1-4 mm rain late in the afternoon. So I think it is fair enough.
ok.. its cast in stone.. see everyone at 10:00 Saturday, so what if there's a little rain, these are adventure bikes

1 - 20 of 36 Posts