StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has an '11 that is sitting there waiting for someone to buy it, I called and offered them 8K OTD with the Suzuki bags included, am I being unfair, or do you think that is a fair price, this is Virginia Beach

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it is inclusive

If it includes tax, title, registration, etc... it would be a good deal. I paid that in CA OTD without the bags a couple of months ago. Although CA fees are high, this was based on a sale price at aprox $6950, about $1000 below msrp

·
Registered
552 Posts
Offer whatever you want, within reason, if they can't do the deal then they will counter with their best.

Do some shopping around. Try Cycle Trader or one of those services. See what others are asking. I know I have seen prices vary by $1,000 between dealers. Find a low price and see if they will match it.

My last two bikes (listed below) were both bought without drama and well below MSRP with very simple and friendly negotiations. I saved several thousand dollars on the pair and left on good terms with both dealers.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
I'd bring a deposit and if they do not want it for that price walk away. The 2012 is arriving soon and the 2011 has changed very little over the years. Even brand new it WILL depreciate the minute the 2012 arrives on the showroom floor.

Also maybe consider a slightly used one for $5000-5500 and probably pay much less in taxes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's about what I paid for my 2011 and I went with the OEM bag deal as well. I'd say it's a very fair offer.

·
Registered
515 Posts
My 2011 was 7300 + sales tax. I bought the bags after the fact for 199 + tax

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
My local dealer has an '11 that is sitting there waiting for someone to buy it, I called and offered them 8K OTD with the Suzuki bags included, am I being unfair, or do you think that is a fair price, this is Virginia Beach
I did a KBB.com value search on the 2011, Retail it's $6825 , trade in value $4735 - I know these prices are used - When i bought my '08 and rolled it out the door, my value droped immediatly by $1500.00 after the first mile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts