StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because i put 17000 mi. on my Strom this year,i let the carbs. on my 1100 Honda gum up from sitting in the garage.so took to Barneys in St.Pete.today.
WHAT ?? 580$$ to clean the 2 carbs ?? WHAT ?? with oil & filter change and fresh water in rad. 860$$.. WHAT ???????? to check the bike and tell me the carbs. need to be cleaned,92$$ ... i must be out of touch with the outside world.the last carbs.i had a shop clean on a T500 Suzuki for me, cost 18$$.
AH,the good old days..never more.........outcome of the story,bike is back in the garage with all that gum still in the carbs.......

Larry

·
Registered
251 Posts
Barnies

Try Motorsports of Tampa, every time I go to Barnies I get the same crazy numbers.. The guys at Motorsports are dealers for both Honda and Suzuki. I have been going to them for about three years and they have been reasonable and are excellent techs. Curt

·
Registered
251 Posts
Barnies

Also, I forgot. The independent technician at West Coast Cycles on Causeway just west of Hiway 41 in Tampa is a first class tech, and wont rob you. Curt

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
try this

Put 4 oz. of Lucas fuel injector cleaner in the full tank of gas , open the Bowl drains flush the old gas out till you have new fuel & the injector cleaned in the bowls.. let sit 2-3 hrs start the bike , carbs should clean up them self's :thumbup: works for my 4 wheeler every time
:yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts