StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my new shelf which will act as a single location for all my electrics. The red light is the voltage indicator, the Denali 2 switch on the left, the lo beam cutoff toggle and powerlet socket are on the right. Rick was great to work with and I like the idea of not having to drill into my fairing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Nice job. I agree, I won't drill holes in my fairing either.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The #1 fuel tank front piece is also a place switches and such can be placed and it costs less than $20 to replace. I have a garage door opener with switch and a heat troller mounted on mine.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
The #1 fuel tank front piece is also a place switches and such can be placed and it costs less than $20 to replace. I have a garage door opener with switch and a heat troller mounted on mine.
I never thought to use that panel. It always seems to come back to what's been in front of you all the time

·
Registered
76 Posts
How did you mount the Garage Door opener?

Greywolf - I tried to search for a post where you might have outlined how you mounted the garage door opener/switch etc. to this plate - but as you can imagine, the search engine broke when I entered in "Greywolf's Brilliant Solution"+"Garage Door Opener"

I had a keychain-sized fob for my opener attached with Velcro, but it dislodged somewhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway last summer. I never thought of mounting it to the panel you suggested but am interested in how you made it all work.

·
38,104 Posts
I used Velcro to mount the key fob remote centrally under #1. A Radio Shack push button is mounted to a hole drilled in the left side of #1 and wired to the stock switch connections. 12V battery connections are wired to the bike's electrical system via a Warm and Safe Heat-Troller mounted on the right side of #1.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the reply!

I used Velcro to mount the key fob remote centrally under #1. A Radio Shack push button is mounted to a hole drilled in the left side of #1 and wired to the stock switch connections. 12V battery connections are wired to the bike's electrical system via a Warm and Safe Heat-Troller mounted on the right side of #1.

Thanks for the info - based on it's location, I am guessing that there is little concern about the need for extra weather protection?

GG

·
38,104 Posts
Thanks for the info - based on it's location, I am guessing that there is little concern about the need for extra weather protection?

GG
12V doesn't cause immediate problems with rain water itself except in electronics where small variations can cause problems. With simple contacts and connections, problems eventually come from dissimilar metals corrosion and oxidation on contacts. The stock handlebar switches are not waterproof. The push button has the only non soldered contacts and it's been going well for five years. It doesn't get pushed when wet very much so I don't expect it will ever fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts