StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got one of these beautys for Christmas and wondering if anyone knows of a specific RAM mount that would work for installing it on my Wee.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
If you want to shoot forward theres no need for a RAM mount. :)

and if you have a Vee there is an identical mount on the left. :):)

A couple of sample videos.

here

and

here.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it does have a threaded portion for a mount. The master cylinder approach looks easy enough too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
If you want to shoot forward theres no need for a RAM mount. :)

this gives me an idea. if you have the mirror extenders then you could replace the bolt that attaches it to the handlebar clamp with one that's threaded on both ends. the top threads would match the standard camera mount thread. make sense?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I used the small Velcro loop that came with the ATC3K I bought last year and tried putting the camera on my engine guards. You could have calculated the engine RPM by the jitter I suffered. I'll have to try putting it on the res. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have to take it off my RC-Cam to use it on the Strom though. :) Yeah, it gets some awesome pictures. :cool:

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Say, maybe one of you guys can tell me how I can add music to a video taken with the camera.

What program do I need, etc?

cheers!

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Any video editing program should do it. I can't remember what I used but try Microsoft Movie maker (free download if you don't have it already) to start with.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
If you want to go a little more deluxe route.....Motorcyle Larry makes a master cyl cover that has one or two (opiton) mounts for a 1/2-20 Ram mount. He also sells the ball and 1/4 - 20 unit you'd need to work with the RAM. I have one and works well with shorter arm - 2.5 inches I think.

The Rick Hughers mirror extenders can also be ordered with a tapped hole 1/4-20 to accomplish the same thing.
(Have those as well)

Both options work for me although my video is different - I use a Canon 710 for video on the bike.

Re: vidoe - MS Movie Makers is good, simple and intuitive - I personally use Adobe Premiere Elements because it is what I have but my university daughter has done some pretty impressive stugg with family videos using Movie Maker.

Hope that helps.
Bob

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
If you want to go a little more deluxe route.....Motorcyle Larry makes a master cyl cover that has one or two (opiton) mounts for a 1/2-20 Ram mount. He also sells the ball and 1/4 - 20 unit you'd need to work with the RAM. I have one and works well with shorter arm - 2.5 inches I think.

RAM themselves make mounts that fit onto the brake and clutch reservoirs (link here). The thing with the velco strap method is that is absolutely stable and will never go anywhere, is easy to remove or move and is free. The RAM solution does offer the ability to change the direction or angle of the camera more easily though.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have went ahead and ordered the appropriate RAM componants to mount my cam. Thanks to everyone for their input.

Ordered from gpscity in Calgary. Cheap like borscht.

Just wondering now how to put muzak to my vids.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good thinkin...

I have tried out my ATC3K and it seems to have a pretty decent pic in high res.

cheers
Main problem of all ATC´s cams is overexposed high contrast scenes(riding in forest, sunny day - forest is good exposed, but road looks like snow) and several another issues. ATC3K are good for it´s price, but Tachyon is much better(almost best on market) for the same price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was disappointed in my videoing last year. I used RAM ball mounts (also purchased at GPSCity in Calgary, those guys really know their stuff) in different spots on the bars.

Both cameras I tried produced shaky images at times. I used the "video" setting of my Panasonic Lumix digital camera, which saves to an SD card. I also used a "real" video camera, which saves to a mini-DV tape. I wasn't really thrilled with either, and I did set them up with whatever "anti-shake" options they had. I'll be watching with interest what kind of videos you can produce of the ATC3K, I've considered buying it or the VHoldR.

For editing software, I went with Adobe Premiere Elements 4. The Panasonic saved movies in .MOV format, which was not compatible on the Windows Movie Maker. No regrets on Adobe Premiere, pretty easy to use. A snap to delete the unuseable on-bike audio and lay over your own tunes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was disappointed in my videoing last year. I used RAM ball mounts (also purchased at GPSCity in Calgary, those guys really know their stuff) in different spots on the bars.

Both cameras I tried produced shaky images at times. I used the "video" setting of my Panasonic Lumix digital camera, which saves to an SD card. I also used a "real" video camera, which saves to a mini-DV tape. I wasn't really thrilled with either, and I did set them up with whatever "anti-shake" options they had. I'll be watching with interest what kind of videos you can produce of the ATC3K, I've considered buying it or the VHoldR.

For editing software, I went with Adobe Premiere Elements 4. The Panasonic saved movies in .MOV format, which was not compatible on the Windows Movie Maker. No regrets on Adobe Premiere, pretty easy to use. A snap to delete the unuseable on-bike audio and lay over your own tunes.
Check this review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5HZuRKLvg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fiji_CZ, thanks for the link. That review is unfairly tilted towards the Tachyon, but nevertheless it sounds like a product I will investigate. Share some of your results here after you get one!
I bought cheap chinese HD camera(80USD) few months ago. So I will do some test rides with it, but I must wait for better weather. -15°C and lot of snow:new_shitsmiley: Then I decide if I buy Tachyon or not.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts