StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped 850$ with happy trails and enduro guardian today. I hope the stuff is in stock so I can get it quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Side racks and tool carrier from HT and steel skid plate with highway pegs.. And 1 inch lift dogbone from EG

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had a set of their racks and was able to trash them as in breaking the welds. Had two sets of them and two sets of Touratech. The TT racks have held up a lot better.
Here is a set of their bags with one day of riding. The mounts were trashed.

I am using a set of their mounts right now and they are not quite up to the job in my opinion. These were trashed.

In their defense, we were driving like this.

Had the pucks from Touratech on mine(bike above). No problems except Happy Trails racks broke a few months later and maybe that ride. We had our noses down and doing about 60 plus most of the time. Happy trails looked at them and said, "Yeah, they wore out." Made no offer to replace them, I bought another set just because I didn't want to redrill the boxes for the Touratech ones. Also, the V-Strom Happy Trails ones I saw did not account for the muffler. They both stuck out equal distance. I am able to use the big 41 liter box on the non muffler side and the medium size on the other. That was a deal breaker for me on my V-Strom.

My God, I love Idaho and probably can not go back after this post. I just feel like the buyer needs to know.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats on your purchases. Which panniers? I think mine are the Teton with Cliff Cut.

newshack - perhaps we should share this thread with HT. Your mounts look different than mine. No troubles with mine thus far, but I'm not riding the Strom like you are.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on your purchases. Which panniers? I think mine are the Teton with Cliff Cut.

newshack - perhaps we should share this thread with HT. Your mounts look different than mine. No troubles with mine thus far, but I'm not riding the Strom like you are.

I am using army boxes that measure 9 inches wide.
they are 24lbs per so I hope my mounts hold up. If not I am a fabricator and can fix them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On that tool shelf I'm going to stash a 2 gallon rotopax with a pump plumbed into the main tank.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ooooohhh!

Keep us updated!!! :grin2:

Oh I will. The tank on these bikes is way to small.. All the big sport tourers and the 3 big names in adv riding are all 30l tanks.... Come on Suzuki keep up

·
Registered
175 Posts
Enduro Guardian stuff is rock-solid.

Happy Trails, not so much. My son had HT engine guards on his KLR. A couple of tip-overs was all it took to break the welds. HT needs to up their game significantly if they want to be favorably considered in the same breath as EG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts