StromTrooper banner

Orange Weestrom farkle gallery

4K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  janiceclanfield 
#1 · (Edited)
I just finished all the new mods on my new Weestrom. hope these photos come out ok.
Givi Crash Bars

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks....

These farkles would not have been possible without the help of fellow Weestrommer Rick and mutual friend Kevin. The chain-oiler and storage tube are both Rick's design and I was so impressed by their simplicity I saw no need to improve on them and pretty much installed a duplicate of Rick's.
I will do my best to provide any feedback on these photos y'all may need.
safe riding 'til next time, NICKEROO

#19 ·
These farkles would not have been possible without the help of fellow Weestrommer Rick and mutual friend Kevin. The chain-oiler and storage tube are both Rick's design and I was so impressed by their simplicity I saw no need to improve on them and pretty much installed a duplicate of Rick's.
I will do my best to provide any feedback on these photos y'all may need.
safe riding 'til next time, NICKEROO
Didn't know Jack Nicholson rode a Wee????? :var_52:

#14 ·
Nice job, but can somebody enlighten me about why it is necessary to have a chain oiler around here? ...I see alot of pics of oilers on this site. Is it too difficult to install a good X-ring chain and spray some good Motul chain lube on it every so often?

It seams to me that oilers make a huge mess and don't add alot of value if you run a quality chain...

#15 ·
Chain Oiler

I've been using it for a while now and really like it. There is no mess, you just turn on the valve for 10 miles, it delivers one drop of oil per 40 seconds, then shut off the valve and it continues to lube for another 10-20 miles, no mess no fuss, no stopping. Picture was taken after a 100 mile run, and nothing was cleaned up prior to the shot.
Nickeroo

#16 ·
Unsung farkle

The inside of the indicators on the Weestrom (probableestrom same as the the Vee) is matt black plastic. I bought 4 $1.00 flashlights from Dollar General, removed the reflectors and trashed the rest. Simply use 3/4" hole saw to size the bulb hole in the $1.00 reflector, then trim off the aprox 1/8" excess plastic lip. The finished reflector snaps exactly into place in the indicator pod, then reinstall the bulb. I did all 4 in about 15 minutes. The improvement is quite impressive, I would judge a doubling of indicator brightness. Not bad for $4.00 investment. Will post photos if anyone needs more info. NICKEROO

#21 ·
The tube is simply sch 40 pvc 4" pipe, a 4" cap, 4" dwv female adapter, and a 4" dwv plug, now upgraded to a dummy exhaust tip. Dummy tip consists of : 4" flush-fit brass clean-out cover plug, 1" copper coupling, 2" copper coupling,- both cut to mimic original exhaust tip, then soft soldered to brass cleanout cover. I would have liked to chrome-plate (aprox. $100) but took the cheap way out and used metalic chrome paint followed with two coats of clearcoat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.