StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for an orange helmet for your new 2012 Orange Vstrom, I just got this off the UPS truck today. Sparx Nexus Octane , in Orange/Black. Even comes with a Orange/Black helmet bag. I usually don't care what color my helmets are, or if they 'match' the bike, but I needed/wanted one in this style anyway, and found these. Search out reviews, youtube has a couple, but trying it on, and checking it out, I'm happy. Best Price I found was $123 delivered.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty cool looking helmet.........I'm looking at $174.95 on Revzilla.....TD

·
Registered
635 Posts
That is pretty cool and I've been considering an "MX" style helmet, the price is certainly nice.

How is the wind/road noise at highway speeds?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Nice helmets! I have 3 already. I have that same Pro Grip tank pad too.

Donate to charity? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Or, if you want a top quality streetbike helmet, that's quiet and aerodynamic:
I can vouch for Bell hemets as well. I have two of them and they are excellent! The only problem that I have found is that the ones I have, have an earpiece cutout for a speaker, with a mesh covering an empty hole for the speakers. This makes them a little loud, with the excellent ventilation that they have. An easy solution however, was just put some foam in the empty earpiece, and voila, nice and quiet!

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is the wind/road noise at highway speeds?
Had a chance to try it out yesterday, several hours to the coast and back. Much quieter than my other helmets, but they are modular, two HJC modulars, one with internal sun shield one without. Lighter too. Very comfortable for my long thin, oblong head. Other helmets always have a hot spot on the front of my forehead, and I usually have to break down the styro a bit in front to be able to wear it for more than a few minutes. They seem to run a bit big though, this Large is looser than my HJC or Gmax helmets I've had, but a Medium would be too tight. Very nice helmet, very comfortable. And, although I didn't ride into the sun yesterday, a slight tilt of my head brings the visor right down to the horizon, so I think this will be very effective for a sun shield. Picture taken at Crescent City, Ca, the lighthouse in the background. Great fish and chips at the Chartroom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts