StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I can not find ride announcement for V strom / Orange county ,at least that many.
Are we allowed to create a Facebook page for VStrom riders of Southern California and stay in touch and for announcements?
what is the use of Bike if it is parked in the garage or ridden to and from work only? where is the joy?
:smile2:
Ride safe/Ride long

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
The joy comes in riding when possible. Currently I don't get a lot of free time so little riding. Being retired I used to get out a lot and make a couple neat loops around the San Gabriel mountains during the week when the working stiffs were stuck in their cubicles. Lot of the time weekend rides suck because the rest of the world is out and about.
There is a facebook forum for V Strom riders. V-Strom DL1000 & DL650 & DL250
It's not just Orange Co or even the US. good pictures though

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Hello,
I can not find ride announcement for V strom / Orange county ,at least that many.
Are we allowed to create a Facebook page for VStrom riders of Southern California and stay in touch and for announcements?
what is the use of Bike if it is parked in the garage or ridden to and from work only? where is the joy?
:smile2:
Ride safe/Ride long
An OC riding group could be fun. My wife hates it when I take solo trips anywhere very far.

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
The group I had camped with was from all over general LA/Orange area. Some guys don't mind riding a bit to a starting point.
Freeways can really be a bother though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes , We start from OC some from LA area or SD and join and ride together, last week went to Anza Borrego , this weekend we will go to Monterey for 4 days ride.
Ride safe/Ride long

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
Had a chance to experience the Aquarium in Monterey during an exclusive event. Wine and dessert tasting after hours.
A small group had the whole place to ourselves for a couple hours. That allowed for a pleasurable visit.
I spent a few weeks at Fort Ord back in the 60's so it's not my favorite area of the state.
Is there a race this weekend to attend?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I would join and follow even though Im not in Cali.
Dont get down there as much as I would like with my kid living in San Gabriel, but I have been known to jump on the bike and ride down for lunch hitting La Crest both ways.
Back issues are my only limiter since retiring, but the occasional lunch run is worth a week of pain afterwards ;-)
Mike

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
You need a prescription for medical marryjuwanna like a lot of my friends.
Oh, wait, it's all legal in Cali now isn't it?
or maybe like the good feet store you can get an orthotic for your ass to relieve the pain?:surprise:
Give us a mention when you make the taco run.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Legal here in Nevada for medical and pleasure but its an unclear line of if it will effect my concealed carry so I will not partake.
Also under a pain med contract with pain management and get drug tested every 3 months and Mary Jane is one thing tested for to make sure Im not using and either not using pain meds or not selling them.
SO no MJ for me, sure would like some good cookies or brownies :grin2:
Then I'll need tacos!
Will be watching this post and may be an occasional meet up.
Maybe you guys ride up and meet us Vegas folks at Furnace Creek around New Years time.
Mike

You need a prescription for medical marryjuwanna like a lot of my friends.
Oh, wait, it's all legal in Cali now isn't it?
or maybe like the good feet store you can get an orthotic for your ass to relieve the pain?:surprise:
Give us a mention when you make the taco run.

·
Premium Member
7,019 Posts
The group I had camped with was from all over general LA/Orange area. Some guys don't mind riding a bit to a starting point.
Freeways can really be a bother though.
You have to ride a bit to get to almost every SoCal location. Short of Mulholland Drive, I have a super slab ride to any good destination.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am in, lets start counting the riders. one day weekend, destinations any of followings:,julian, anza borego, mount Palomar,Poway,Big Bear,,open to suggestions.
1-me , here
2-...

·
Registered
14,473 Posts
Currently my only ride day is Thursday for a couple hours. Up to Newcombs and back. Kyle has been up on Thursdays too.
Waiting for Cal Trans to finish the road alignment after a slide closed the road. Soon, maybe?

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Well there's the Cache Rally in June at Gardiner Mt.
That would be fun. I rode through there in July in 2016 and it rained (and hailed intermittently) from The Beartooth Highway, through Yellowstone, and all the way down to Jackson. Yellowstone owes me a dry trip, but my June is too busy to make it to the Cache Rally.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts