StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm looking at buying a wee, and I found this one.

It's in pretty good shape, it has 38,772 Km (~24,000 mi), I had a look at it, and it's had the exhaust drilled, and it sounds a little tractor like (not sure if that's just how these bikes sound or if the valves are in need of adjustment). It started easily and revved freely. The only add on is Givi engine guards. The rest is stock.

Anyway what do you guys think, is the mileage too much? Is the engine sound I described typical? Is there anything to be concerned about with the drilled exhaust? I kinda want to go ahead just cause I'm getting impatient, but I have seen better examples and better equipped for a little more money (I'm willing to go up $1k or so, but don't want to buy new). But I could also buy this one and add the things I want.

I'm really on the fence, please knock me off :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think that is high for a stock bike. The mileage isn't an issue. I think if you widen your search area, you will find a better deal. I know a local dealer around my area is selling new 2011's for a little over $7300.

·
Registered
707 Posts
That price seems high to me and I think if you exercise a little more patience you can find a better deal.

R

·
0 Posts
I think you may be able to get a much newer bike for the same money. (At least from what I see around Vancouver area)
The bike is ok but then it's a bare bones unit.
I think I'd keep looking around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Patience...

I did the same thing before I bought my '06. I'm glad I waited for the right one to come along, and it will come.

j-mac

·
Registered
518 Posts
That's a pretty steep price for a six year old bike. I bought my new 2010 Wee last fall for $7300 and that included shipping and PDI. I'd keep looking.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Seems to be the going price around here lately...

Yeah,I cant believe the price all the Wee's around here are going for.I'm in the market as well,(shoulda kept the one I sold!!:headbang::furious: ) I sold the Vee a few weeks ago.I've seen good deals on them, but I'm not interested in another Vee.:argue:
The km are not an issue.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies everyone, and it appears most of you seem to have an issue with the price, but not with any other aspect of this bike.

I have been watching for a while now, I'm just east of Toronto and I just don't see them in the price range some of you are quoting. I looked at a new one (2011), the best deal I could get was $9999 OTD. Could it be that the market has changed? I mean 2008 - 2010 were pretty gloomy. But I don't know maybe my wanting to go ahead is cloudying my judgement.

The reason I was attracted to this one is that being a dealer bike I can trade my bike in and avoid the 13% tax. So I always have to keep that in mind as I keep looking because it has a big effect on whether a certain bike is a good deal or not.

·
Registered
74 Posts
and when you left after the 9,999OTD offer; sales guy (assumption) didn't call you back the next day saying "maybe they can work something better off"

i kinda love negotiating for new cars/vehicles/etc

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and when you left after the 9,999OTD offer; sales guy (assumption) didn't call you back the next day saying "maybe they can work something better off"

i kinda love negotiating for new cars/vehicles/etc

To be honest I thought exactly like you, but surprisingly no, the sales woman did not call me back :confused: I had some time to kill this morning so I took a run up there again today and offered considerably lower than asking for the 2005, they said they have to check a few things then let me know... we'll see I guess.

They don't seem anxious to sell, but then again I don't care, I have a bike, and now that I have my anxiety to move forward under check I can wait.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I know every market is different but I bought the same bike minus the crash bars with 6000 KM on it for $ 5000.00.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well after patiently waiting I finally found an Orange 2010 with ABS and Suzuki side cases and top box with 5000km (3000mi) on the clock at a price I could live with. Woohoo, man the waiting was not fun ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts