StromTrooper banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Your symptoms are what I would expect if the kill switch is not working or unplugged, the 10a ignition fuse is blown or no power (test both sides of the fuse for power) but your problem is the bike should never have been able to crank under those circumstances.

You have had power travelling through a system that should not of had power at that time.

Start by going back over your work to ensure all plugs are pugged in and working and hope you have not damaged the ECU.
Thanks Rolex....I've looked at all plugs...and really I only unplugged the dash and h/l globes.
Tank wasn't taken off but I guess I'll do that just to be sure.
No blown fuses...double checked.
I'm thinking ecu .... But god knows how.
Any easy way to check switch? Bike has 10thou on it so hope not...Electra clean contacts?

Regards Al

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
The fuses may not be blown but do they have power to them with the ignition on ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So I've finally got back onto my problem.
Still no go but have double checked my wiring, plugs ect and all fine.
Still locked out and I'm sure it's ecu locking me out with no little light near the key. Everything else works.
I've downloaded the wiring diagram👍
So I've narrowed it down to where I've tapped into the harness....possible alarm wiring? All black wires. 2 plugs. 1 with 4 and the other a single.
Is it possible that I have tripped it to lock? If it is alarm circuit?

·
Registered
702 Posts
View attachment 286841 So I've finally got back onto my problem.
Still no go but have double checked my wiring, plugs ect and all fine.
Still locked out and I'm sure it's ecu locking me out with no little light near the key. Everything else works.
I've downloaded the wiring diagram👍
So I've narrowed it down to where I've tapped into the harness....possible alarm wiring? All black wires. 2 plugs. 1 with 4 and the other a single.
Is it possible that I have tripped it to lock? If it is alarm circuit?
I don't see that device/connector or wiring on my shop manual wiring diagram. I can't see all of them, but one of your wires connects to the ECM wiring and the other to the ignition fuse (#3) wiring. So there was nothing on that connector? Just open terminals?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don't see that device/connector or wiring on my shop manual wiring diagram. I can't see all of them, but one of your wires connects to the ECM wiring and the other to the ignition fuse (#3) wiring. So there was nothing on that connector? Just open terminals?
Yep nothing connected to them at the beginning.
I did as a feed to activate the relay.
Looks like it might be back to dealer🙄

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Ok...all back working again.
Yeah this plug is tied up and made for factory alarm.
So what was the fix.....the plug had a cover on it (I thought for dust)...nope....in the cap is 2 jumper pins to continue a circuit which I did not even notice when I removed it 😳 tied in with the fuel pump. The dealer couldn't tell me where they go to (would have been great to know). Don't loose the cap as it is not available separately although not hard to bridge if needed. Also a great security lock as bike can only be pushed not started 😁
Not the first time they had seen it.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Is it just a bridge or is there a resistor built into the cap ?

Always good to hear of happy endings....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts