StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just running a relay for a couple of 12v out puts....heated grips and maybe a USB outlet.
Put all back together including dash as was changing to led globes at the same time and now I'm coming up with check on the dash...no fuel pump prime....but will wind over.
Made sure switches were on and stand up..even Centre stand up. Everything else is working. I've attached pics. Any ideas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Kill switch or side stand switch/relay will allow the engine to turn over but will stop the fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
It is something simple, or something you created, so guess check all the simple stuff first, and failing that, backtrack. Maybe a connector is not inserted fully.
It's probably the kill switch though. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys....I didn't remove the tank.
I did try the stop switch and looked on here and played with the side stand switch as I read that on here😁 I was pretty good in the didn't need to disturb too much...but I'll go back over it🙄.
Just ordered a scan tool too...just in case.
I

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kill switch or side stand switch/relay will allow the engine to turn over but will stop the fuel pump.
Ii take it the relays are the 4 beside the fuse box...and yeah checked all fuses. Any idea which one is the fuel pump relay?

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
The bike is in neutral so it can't be the stand switch.( I feel like a broken record saying that)

Being a CHECK it is ignition related so the kill switch is likely or a fuse.

Do your indicators work. ??

·
Registered
2013 Suzuki DL 650 Adventure
82 Posts
I am a little confused. Are you running power from battery and tapping power from a light wire to activate the relay? Where are you getting your power to activate the relay?
If you are using something other than your lights, it maybe confusing your computer.
Take the relay off and see if everything goes back to normal. if it does find a different place to get your power to activate the relay.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bike is in neutral so it can't be the stand switch.( I feel like a broken record saying that)

Being a CHECK it is ignition related so the kill switch is likely or a fuse.

Do your indicators work. ??
Yes they do.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a little confused. Are you running power from battery and tapping power from a light wire to activate the relay? Where are you getting your power to activate the relay?
If you are using something other than your lights, it maybe confusing your computer.
Take the relay off and see if everything goes back to normal. if it does find a different place to get your power to activate the relay.
Yeah I'll give that a go. And yes....only grabbing relay trigger feed from that point... switching on with ignition.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I didn't read your post well the first time.

The bike should never wind over if your fuel pump does not prime, that is a problem there and could be pump related.

Try putting it in dealer mode and look for a code.

I was thinking the security system (code 42 I think) but your motor should not crank.

I would normally recommend the Rolex left hand start but I don't if it will help with the changes you have made.

Press the start button with your right hand

Turn on the ignition with your left hand

Pull in the clutch lever with your left hand

This just starts the bike without the headlights coming on so giving a little more power to the system.

·
Registered
2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT Adventure
37 Posts
When in doubt back it out. I would put the wiring configuration back to stock and see if things work. You also stated that you removed the dash. Is there a plug at the dash that is not connected?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So tonight I just removed all battery power to my acc relay and also the 12v switching feed (going to the relay).
No change.
Powers up indicators working ext...no fuel pump and I have just realised that the little red light near the ignition switch is not coming up red like it used to...nearly like it's not recognising the transponder key.
I'll have a scan tool arrive tomorrow so I'll see if a code has logged.

·
Registered
705 Posts
What's the white connector with the single red wire coming from it? That's not the diagnostic connector is it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's the white connector with the single red wire coming from it? That's not the diagnostic connector is it?
No mate...the diagnostic is a big white plug with a cap on it.
Im thinking this is going back to the dealer.
It's like the key isn't being recognised and locking me out.
Even bridging the diagnostic plug nothing is coming up.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Your symptoms are what I would expect if the kill switch is not working or unplugged, the 10a ignition fuse is blown or no power (test both sides of the fuse for power) but your problem is the bike should never have been able to crank under those circumstances.

You have had power travelling through a system that should not of had power at that time.

Start by going back over your work to ensure all plugs are pugged in and working and hope you have not damaged the ECU.

Reactions: Alward
1 - 20 of 27 Posts