StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In true cave man fashion I started the 600 mile oil change this afternoon without reading the manual. I removed the bolt (red arrow in the pic) and some oil slowly drained out. I realized that I had the wrong bolt immediately. I put the bolt back in and located the proper drain plug and carried on with the oil change. My question is does anyone know what this bolt is and why oil might come out of it? Yes I know I am a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing cave man....

Sean

Attachments

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I've done it before, there is an oil jet in there to regulate oil flow. I hope you put it back in if it fell out. :yikes:

You can check a online microfiche to verify.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've done it before, there is an oil jet in there to regulate oil flow. I hope you put it back in if it fell out. :yikes:

You can check a online microfiche to verify.
Yup she is all back together. After your post I found it in the service manual. You remove that bolt and attach an oil pressure gauge there to manually check the pressure. Feel better now. Thanks DT!

·
Registered
281 Posts
"We learn from our mistakes only to begin again smarter"

I am sure everything is fine...thanks for the pointer.

You have impeccable taste in Weestrom color...fox orange rocks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We learn from our mistakes only to begin again smarter.

I am sure everything is fine...thanks for the pointer.
Thanks man. I cant begin to tell you how much this site has helped me in the short time this bike caught my interest. Knowledge is power.... PS - I edited my previous post. I found the purpose of the bolt.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
In true cave man fashion I started the 600 mile oil change this afternoon without reading the manual. I removed the bolt (red arrow in the pic) and some oil slowly drained out. I realized that I had the wrong bolt immediately. I put the bolt back in and located the proper drain plug and carried on with the oil change. My question is does anyone know what this bolt is and why oil might come out of it? Yes I know I am a knuckle dragging, mouth breathing cave man....

Sean
Never noticed that bolt before until this past weekend when I went to change my oil while I was talking to a buddy. Took it out (instead of the right bolt) and was scratching my head as to why I was getting so little oil out. Duh...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never noticed that bolt before until this past weekend when I went to change my oil while I was talking to a buddy. Took it out (instead of the right bolt) and was scratching my head as to why I was getting so little oil out. Duh...
Doug,

That bolt definitely looks like a drain plug.......just saying. I feel better knowing Im not the only one who tried this.

Sean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts