StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OOps,did I kill my K&N? also-Hiflofiltro air filter:does it require the OEM gasket?

Has anyone installed a hiflofiltro OEM replacement air filter? This is a high quality standard style replacement available through parts unlimited, for those who are not familiar with the brand.

I made the mistake of re-oiling my K&N filter with spray on oil intended to used on a foal filter- it does not run right now. I have a surging at small throttle openings that is very annoying- I am pretty sure the oil I used (looks just like K&N stuff when applied but is a gooey petrol based stuff) has caused reduced air flow and thrown my mixture off at low R's so.... I am thinking about just throwing a nice hiflo OEM replacement in and need to know if it requires the stock gasket/spacer

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I would clean the K&N properly first, let it dry, re-oil and see how it goes. I doubt you damaged it permanently.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I hate to tell you this but your filter is ruined. Send me your K&N and I will dispose of it properly. I will send you back a slightly used OEM filter to get you back on the road.

I have done the same thing. Re clean the K&N with cleaner meant for the foam oil you used. Then start over again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will clean the K&N and oil it with the correct stuff. I was under the impression that the chemical solvents required to clean the foam filter oil out may trash my K&N....Ill let ya know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts