StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After, ahem, modifying the bodywork Tuesday with a dog incident. I finally got up the nerve to bedliner the strom.

First things first, the damage. Not much at all.

Stickers are a PITA to get off, ever worse when they're rashed. A hair dryer on hot helps though.

Pull some more bits off it

Now we're naked

Rough them up with 220.

I used some adhesive and wax remover to clean them with.

I plan on doing away with the daylight invisible LED turn signals. Cagers can't see them. But the recess doesn't allow a flush mount.

Since it's not something you'll see I just drilled the area out. Hack yes, but this fairing has already had a big crack epoxied together. And there's a small chunk missing. So I don't mind.

After everything was sanded and prepped. I shot everything with two coats of adhesive promoter.

I began to shoot everything with my paint gun. Unfortunately, due to thickness, the liner clogs it easily. So I rolled three coats on with a roller.

No ADV bike modification could be complete with some sort of new farkle. I hate the stock horns bikes come with. Hopefully the cagers will notice these.

However, after putting the bike together more. I found out that the fan would hit one of the horns. So I relocated it.

Why they put these horns on bikes, I do not know.

Lord Vader, your motorcycle is ready...

Me likey.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good - I like the bed-liner look the more I see it. So did you start out with a red bike, then add blue plastics?
The salvage title said blue...

The bodywork came from ebay. Honestly the tail was the only parts that actually matched.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Can you say Road Warrior. Where's Mel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts