StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I've officially had enough cold weather.. it still looks like the next two weeks will be the deep freeze..

This means I have to wait at least another month ..to start installing the farkle..and to try my new helmet " Shoei neo tech" a lough I did wear it around the house in desperation last week..love the sun visor.

The dog did look at me kinda strange

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mo'Snow

Enough with the white stuff already!!
I couldn't wait to add another farkle. I installed my new Denali halogen lights a few weeks ago. This past Saturday I opened the doors on the garage and started the Wee, just to smell the fumes! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't wait to add another farkle. I installed my new Denali halogen lights a few weeks ago. This past Saturday I opened the doors on the garage and started the Wee, just to smell the fumes! :mrgreen:
You should post a picture of the new lights

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was out Sunday for my first ride of the season for about 1 hour, 0 degrees in St Catharines. Wee started instantly. It was a great feeling getting back on the bike. Getting a lot of second looks from cagers, probaly for 2 reasons, I'm stupid or envy from other motorcyclists

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bike fever too

I too took the cover off the bike last weekend, never started it yet though. Going to order a couple of goodies for her.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I was out Sunday for my first ride of the season for about 1 hour, 0 degrees in St Catharines. Wee started instantly. It was a great feeling getting back on the bike. Getting a lot of second looks from cagers, probaly for 2 reasons, I'm stupid or envy from other motorcyclists
It wasn't you at Toronto Bike Show then, I guess. Blue Wee.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It wasn't you at Toronto Bike Show then, I guess. Blue Wee.
I have a blue wee but it wasn't me at the show. I didn't attend any shows this year, didn't need to buy anything. It would of cost me about $50 to attend. I'm saving for a good quality tent for the upcoming rallies

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what model lights did you purchase..

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Minor segue:
Friend was telling me about a company manual that was issued to employees of their parent company in India, used when travelling to Canada. It said that if ever stuck for a topic of conversation, to talk about the weather. Canadians will always talk about the weather.
Seems true that we are a bit obsessed, but really? They've figured this out in India?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Denali Lights

what model lights did you purchase..

I installed the Denali DM1 Micro Lights. Single beam (no high/low) with an on/off switch. I bought them as a safety mechanism, when you come to an intersection an a cager is about to pull out in front of you. "Bam!" Right in the eyes! I hope it works. :yesnod:

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
I installed the Denali DM1 Micro Lights. Single beam (no high/low) with an on/off switch. I bought them as a safety mechanism, when you come to an intersection an a cager is about to pull out in front of you. "Bam!" Right in the eyes! I hope it works. :yesnod:
Blinding drivers is rarely a good strategy. For some good strategy read the links in my signature.

..Tom

·
Registered
169 Posts
Blinding drivers is rarely a good strategy. For some good strategy read the links in my signature.

..Tom
Thanks Tom. I've read that artilce before, and it does make sense. Seriously though, I don't believe the lights would be 'blinding' during daylight hours, but they might notice a difference in brightness that would grab their attention.
Anything to stay upright on two wheels!

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
Thanks Tom. I've read that artilce before, and it does make sense. Seriously though, I don't believe the lights would be 'blinding' during daylight hours, but they might notice a difference in brightness that would grab their attention.
Anything to stay upright on two wheels!
There's been a lot of debates about it.

The headlights on V-Stroms (and many modern bikes) are very bright. Consider that bright lights were considered as a type of camoflauge strategy around the time of the Second World war. Consider how many people get hit by trains and clain they don't see them. Notice that the light on train is like a super powerful high beam.

To avoid a collision drivers need to not only know something is there, but also to recognize what kind of vehicle we are, our direction of travel and our rate of speed. That information is lost when the lights are too bright and the brain of the driver might not even realize that there is a threat there. It would be different if we were all riding bikes with headlights as anemic as my old 1969 Norton Commando had.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I do not regret leaving Ontario for BC, despite having lived there my entire life, the 12 month riding season out here is wonderful....

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
This weather sucks :(

I have a bunch of goodies to do to the bike in the spring though! new top case, oil/filter change, spark plug change, coolant change. I also plan on ordering a few things from Richland Rick and I am debating on a new seat and windscreen with my tax return money! whoohooo haha.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do not regret leaving Ontario for BC, despite having lived there my entire life, the 12 month riding season out here is wonderful....

:thumbup:
Hey Gryphon, where abouts in BC are you? My brother just moved to Victoria and loves it. He's always sure to rub in the fact that it's 14 degrees C on a February afternoon. Ha!

·
Registered
59 Posts
This weather sucks :(

I have a bunch of goodies to do to the bike in the spring though! new top case, oil/filter change, spark plug change, coolant change. I also plan on ordering a few things from Richland Rick and I am debating on a new seat and windscreen with my tax return money! whoohooo haha.
I know, wrong thread but seeing as you mentioned it i have a new corbin with back rest i haven't posted in the "for sale" section yet, you can PM me and I'll send pics and info if you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just when you thought...

Today I arrived home to see patches of visible gravel in my driveway. I had a little extra bounce in my step and started projecting how many days until I could ride the bike out of the shop...
...walked in the door of the house and my wife tells me that we are expecting 10 to 15cm of snow tomorrow. Really!!!???? Urghhh. When will it end?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts