StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to get do a evening ride. I'm n/w of Toronto about 45 minutes. Maybe make it a moving target. Any idea's are welcome.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good

Maybe meet there, cruise over to Super Burger then river road, hit a few side roads end up around the W-Beach. I can flex those plans too.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hand up!

Hi guys,

I'm not sure whether you meant this evening, now past?

I might be interested if you're talking about a future evening, or even daytime this weekend. I live downtown but, hey, I got me a 'Strom.

As long as I don't have to head westward downtown -- Indy cars, 'hood festivals and what else blocking the streets. If it means heading up the DVP or Allen, no probs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Good Day,

There is a Show and Shine sponsored by the Lisle Legion today, 7 July 07 from 1000hrs to 1800hrs. There will of course be Motorcycles, vendors, food and the usual stuff.

I think I might go.

I will follow this thread to see where and when your evening ride is

Blessings,

Christopher.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
...I'm not sure whether you meant this evening, now past?...
I was trying to figure that out too. I ended up going for a solo ride last night. I'm out for the rest of the weekend. Wedding today, Memorial service tomorrow and then I'm out of town for next week. Maybe later for me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was trying to figure that out too. I ended up going for a solo ride last night. I'm out for the rest of the weekend. Wedding today, Memorial service tomorrow and then I'm out of town for next week. Maybe later for me.
Was thinking Sunday evening or late afternoon. I can see your weekend is full, perhaps another time. I'll still be out Sunday night just don't know where yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys,

I'm not sure whether you meant this evening, now past?

I might be interested if you're talking about a future evening, or even daytime this weekend. I live downtown but, hey, I got me a 'Strom.

As long as I don't have to head westward downtown -- Indy cars, 'hood festivals and what else blocking the streets. If it means heading up the DVP or Allen, no probs.
Future evenings are a good idea. Lets hash out some plans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As long as the speeds don't get Supersonic (I'm still getting used to the bike after a few years on a cruiser), I'd be into a group ride too.... DL 1000 from the Scarborough area.... Keep the posts time specific, and if I can jump on a ride, I probably will.

Koob

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as the speeds don't get Supersonic (I'm still getting used to the bike after a few years on a cruiser), I'd be into a group ride too.... DL 1000 from the Scarborough area.... Keep the posts time specific, and if I can jump on a ride, I probably will.

Koob
I got smart and gave up all supersonic speeds when I grew up a week ago. LOL I really live by the statement "the older I get the faster I was". Nothing supersonic just an easy 10 over, sometimes less on roads with a view.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
We're getting there . . .

I got smart and gave up all supersonic speeds when I grew up a week ago. LOL I really live by the statement "the older I get the faster I was". Nothing supersonic just an easy 10 over, sometimes less on roads with a view.
I can certainly live with that. My new (the older me) motto: it's the trip, not the destination. Not to mention the camaraderie.

I'm basically free Thursday thru Sunday evenings, sometimes Monday and Tuesday evenings, too. After rush hour, though! :cool: I work late on Wednesdays so I'm out.

To repeat: I live downtown, on the waterfront.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay

Tomorrow being Sunday is good for me or next Thursday. Sunday must be Okay for the Toronto crowd and getting out before Indy ends would be a plus, kids have soccer on Sunday? Give time for the Barrie guy to roll over early afternoon before the cottage creeps hit the roads. Ummmm......................I don't know what say between 4 and 5 pm anyplace and end up lined up and Superburger. Let me know I'm flexy on all this even to the point of midnight and salad greens.
Chime in with your likes/dislikes or other.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi Marvin,

If we can get several people together, I'll be happy to join up. 4 o'clock looks good to me. I can leave downtown earlier to get to some meeting point along the route. And, yeah, let's fit it in so we can be back home before the cottage hordes descend out of the north, devouring everything in their path. Actually you guys will be closer to home, I think. I'll just duck out a bit early since I have to get back downtown.

Was out for a ride tonight, from 11p to 2 am. I found myself in Thornhill, at Hwy 7. Wasn't planning to get there, but the air was so beautiful for motoring. When I had the car, I never went up there. Very light traffic up Bayview, too.

cheerio

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Was out for a ride tonight, from 11p to 2 am. I found myself in Thornhill, at Hwy 7. Wasn't planning to get there, but the air was so beautiful for motoring. When I had the car, I never went up there. Very light traffic up Bayview, too.

cheerio
Wow, that's just sad, Front Street to Highway #7 constitutes a nice ride. I used to live at Yonge and Eglington so I know your choices are limited. Now, for me, less than 10 minutes and I'm surrounded by farmland. I feel for you down there.

I'm up for a ride but I'm out of town next week so I'll have to catch up with you guys later. Keep posting and you may have a bunch more people interested.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
4's good for me

Meeting point?

I can work out a ride name your friction. Paved, semi-paved, gravel, semi-gravel, dirt, or mixed. Distance/time?

Heavy has priors to attend, so its up to DD and Drifter this meet. Look down the road for future rides/ other locals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm out for Sunday (Running the Moorefield Harescramble in the morning - NOT on the 'Strom) so that will be more than enough seat time for me on Sunday. Good for later in week or just future GTA area rides in future if you guys are into putting something together. I like the multiple surface type routes, myself. Thats why I bought the V.

Koob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts