StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in a ride? I'm in the early stages of putting together a route. Nothing too serious, probably just some of the old favorites North of here.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, I made up 3 different routes. They are all about the same length but some are shorter, timewise, as they use more of the 400 to get North.

This is the full, long route.

http://tinyurl.com/Aug-24th-full

·
Registered
206 Posts
Id love to join ya but i don't think i should as my strom needs new rubber and it may not be wise to ride it that far with a rear tire thats shot.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're in K-W country, home of Zdeno Cycle.

http://www.zdenocycle.ca/

"Zdenos is one of the largest tire dealers in Canada. We stock such a wide range of brands and sizes, over 3000 tires on the shelf at any one time, that other dealers buy their tires from us! We carry Dunlop, Michelin, Bridgestone, Avon, Pirelli, Metzler, Continental, Maxxis, plus brands and designs that you've haven't even heard of yet, including all the hard-to-find sizes. Our everyday deep discount prices, MINIMUM 25% DISCOUNT ON ALL IN-STOCK TIRES, means that you won't get a better deal no matter where you go. Give Al a call for availability and prices, we know you'll be pleasantly surprised!"

http://www.spectralis.ca/zdeno/Catalogue/Templates/zdeno/category.asp?ID=434

They'll slap a new rear hoop on that puppy faster than you can pull out your VISA. It only hurts for a little while (I'm on my 3rd rear for this season....OUCH!).

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd love to join you but I have already made plans to wisk the little lady off to Niagara Falls. I value my life too much to cancel on her.;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I only get my bike tomorrow evening, and I'm still a new rider (in Canada at least) so I'm going to learn the bike first, get some more solo experience then hopefully before the season ends, get a few group rides under my belt...for which I think I am going to need to find a pretty forgiving group !!

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in for Sunday, looking forward to it
Sounds good. As we get closer to the day we can decide on meeting place and time. Gonna depend on how big a group we have.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, I figured you to be a "for sure".

How was the end of the PA adventure?

Hi Heavy,

I'd love to go but too much on my plate this weekend.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good job on keeping the priorities straight. There'll be other times to join us.

I'd love to join you but I have already made plans to wisk the little lady off to Niagara Falls. I value my life too much to cancel on her.;)

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Probably

Anyone interested in a ride? I'm in the early stages of putting together a route. Nothing too serious, probably just some of the old favorites North of here.
Unless something drastic happens, I think I can make this one. I'll come from Toronto, so Barrie (Essa Rd) is a good meeting spot for me.

-Beensy

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well tires are going on tomorrow at ZEDENO so I be their too Sunday is good for me. Although at this cost i will deffinatly be rideing nice and easy (cant ride aggressivly or i aint gona afford to ride home LOL)

I am getting metzler tourances (old style)
$160 for the front + $35 install
$194 for the rear +$45 install
add in of course our lovely tax too

Man that hurts i hope the tourances last longer than my death wings i got 17,000kms outa the wings so only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
New Tires

Well tires are going on tomorrow at ZEDENO so I be their too Sunday is good for me. Although at this cost i will deffinatly be rideing nice and easy (cant ride aggressivly or i aint gona afford to ride home LOL)
<snip>
Man that hurts i hope the tourances last longer than my death wings i got 17,000kms outa the wings so only time will tell.
Congrats on the new tires. Be sure to get them scrubbed in a little before getting aggressive in the twisties. A short hop on a gravel road will help.

-Beensy

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scrub in? BAH!! I put on a new rear tire in Kelowna and, after less than 100 miles of BC Provincial route 6, East from Vernon, I had them well scrubbed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
interested

Mr. Heavy.

I'll ride up from East York. What are you thinking for a meeting place and what time?

Gary

P.S. I was up around Bala yesterday.. I rode Southwood Road (13!!) Wow.. was that road built for the Strom.. lots of gravel, potholes and construction.. highly entertaining road that has the pucker factor in a few sections.. really keeps you on your toes.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Next time run the Bear Creek road on the West side of the lake to Vernon.

Deb and I will be there on Sunday. We can exchange notes on BC.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That's a great looking ride. Unfortunately, I'll have the van full of little people in the same area and won't be on two wheels. Keep in mind that this should be the last decent weekend of the summer. There will be minivans and overladen SUVs everywhere, and the Simcoe County OPP are on a blitz again.

Don't forget to stop in at the 141 Cafe (www.the141cafe.com). The owner, Toz, is a Triumph rider and an all around good guy. The cafe is about five minutes west of Hwy 11 right on Hwy 141. Hwy 141 is about halfway between Bracebridge and Huntsville.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We usually meet at the Esso station on Essa Rd, just South of the 400.

Haven't decided on a time yet. Thinking 8:30 meet and 9:00 roll-out. Sound good?

http://tinyurl.com/August-24th

I heard Southwood is a mess, that's why I left it out of our route.

Mr. Heavy.

I'll ride up from East York. What are you thinking for a meeting place and what time?

Gary

P.S. I was up around Bala yesterday.. I rode Southwood Road (13!!) Wow.. was that road built for the Strom.. lots of gravel, potholes and construction.. highly entertaining road that has the pucker factor in a few sections.. really keeps you on your toes.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts