StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, where is everyone? I joined a group of, I think, 7 other Stroms for a ride today.....AND I WAS THE ONLY 1000 THERE!!!! All these little 650's all over the place. I was almost overcome, but the mighty 1000 pulled me through.

Pretty disappointing. I'm expecting better next time.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You know that there is another Vee in town. Anytime you want to go for a tour let me know.

As for riding with all them Wee's, you shoulda cracked the fun handle to WFO and let the big dog EAT. Them wee'uns would have soiled their knickers being in the presence of such pavement ripping, tire shreading power !!!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know that there is another Vee in town. Anytime you want to go for a tour let me know.

As for riding with all them Wee's, you shoulda cracked the fun handle to WFO and let the big dog EAT. Them wee'uns would have soiled their knickers being in the presence of such pavement ripping, tire shreading power !!!
Trust me Ian, it happened a couple of times. I think there were trails of wee-pee along those sections of road.

·
Registered
538 Posts
So, where is everyone? I joined a group of, I think, 7 other Stroms for a ride today.....AND I WAS THE ONLY 1000 THERE!!!! All these little 650's all over the place. I was almost overcome, but the mighty 1000 pulled me through.
I think it was that stream of Wee out front that pulled you through! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
475 Posts
So, where is everyone? I joined a group of, I think, 7 other Stroms for a ride today.....AND I WAS THE ONLY 1000 THERE!!!! All these little 650's all over the place.
It is amazing ain't it... how so many of us chose the 650 over the 1000. Hmmmm... now why would that be? (I can give you a hint if you like) :twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts

At 60MPG I suspect the wees would have caught up and passed the BIG DOG when he needed to stop for gas ;)

He's right though, there aren't a lot of 1000's in some araes. My dealer in Belleville had 6 stroms for sale this year, all of them 650's. The word I hear locally is that the 1000's just don't sell well around here. Perhaps the wee is just easier to handle in traffic. Oh yeah, and more fun to ride too :mrgreen:

SS

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
1000's TREMBLE when the 650's are around!!!! ;)

..Tom

·
Registered
475 Posts
.... I guess a lot of you guys are cheap bastards that are afraid of a motorcycle with some power.
I will admit to being cheap. It's in my blood being a Dutchman and all. As for the power thing... na.. I actually dropped about 45hp going to the 650 so that doesn't wash. sorry.:cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
boys will be boys

If you guys can't play nice together....then don't ride together!!! :mrgreen:

Everyone likes and chose their bike for whatever reason, which is why they ride it........what works for you may not be what others want......DEAL WITH IT and stop comparing.

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
We ride together just fine.. the problem is every few hundred km's the 1000 guys need to stop for gas!

I think that is why they gave them the extra speed and power.. so they can get to the gas station faster! :)

..Tom

Everyone likes and chose their bike for whatever reason, which is why they ride it........what works for you may not be what others want......DEAL WITH IT and stop comparing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As far as know dealerships will only be stock DL650's in future: Suzuki has given up on the DL1000 for 2008 too ... so apart from a few die hards there won't be too much comparison going on. I can't compare the bikes myself (~ 350cc difference and 2 exhausts is about as far as I get), so I just have to trust Suzuki on this one.

·
Registered
636 Posts
[stir poop] Hey Heavy, I always figured that the extra power of the Vee was needed to haul around our larger testicles. [/stir poop]

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Relax Mags....we're just joking around....at least I have been. :confused:

....and stop comparing.
Mine is bigger than his.... :-D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Relax Mags....we're just joking around....at least I have been. :confused:

Mine is bigger than his.... :-D
The cc in your bike may be but you know what they say about "compensation" LOL

sheeshhh LOL..........as I said.....boys will be boys LOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
475 Posts
[stir poop] Hey Heavy, I always figured that the extra power of the Vee was needed to haul around our larger testicles. [/stir poop]
Hate to tell ya this BUT it ain't the size of the testicles that counts... it's the stick yer stirring with.

Besides whats the fun in having to stop all the time 'cause ya run outa gas.. Duration counts big time.

Nothing worse than getting into the bush and having to stop and go for gas! The 650's keep going and going and..... you get the idea. :twisted:

·
Registered
213 Posts

It must have been lonely out front. On the April 29th ride there were only a few of us Vee's. I think we were out numbered 5 to 1. Wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts