StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm back in the Strom club again. This time with a black 2011 and it feels good to be back. This is my 3rd DL650 (long story) and my first ABS bike.

Anyway when I was picking out my bike I noticed that some of them had the ABS stickers on both sides of the front fender (like normal) and some only had one on the top center of the fender.....pretty strange.

Well the cleanest looking black one had the one sticker. But out of the five bikes they had (black and white ones) I found the fit and finish on that one to be the best. So that's the one I purchased.

Here's what I found out about the two vs. one sticker bikes at "this dealer". Mine, and the others with one sticker, had a mfg date of 02/11 on the VIN label.

It kind of bothered me at first and maybe it still does a little bit or I would not have posted this, but by the time I rode home I had such a big smile that I totally forgot about it. That was until I started going through the picture threads and every time I see a picture of the ABS bikes they all have two stickers.

So I have to ask......

Has anyone else come across this?

Jon...

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
I have seen them both ways on the dealer showroom in Houston.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

It will be interesting to see if more bikes start showing up with just one sticker.

Jon...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

It will be interesting to see if more bikes start showing up with just one sticker.

Jon...
I would check to make sure the ABS works on both the front and rear. I have two stickers on my bike and I have ABS on the front and the rear. You may just have it in the front or just on the rear because of the one sticker.

Welcome back to the Stromberhood.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would check to make sure the ABS works on both the front and rear. I have two stickers on my bike and I have ABS on the front and the rear. You may just have it in the front or just on the rear because of the one sticker.

Welcome back to the Stromberhood.
....or maybe it only works while making right or left turns, depending on which side the sticker is on.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
....or maybe it only works while making right or left turns, depending on which side the sticker is on.
I think he said it's on the top of the fender.

Let me check:

"and some only had one on the top center of the fender"

Yup, top of the fender. My guess (and it's only a guess folks) is that since ABS is now standard on the DL-650, Suzuki doesn't feel the need to market it as agressively by festooning the bike with so many stickers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL......yeah that must be it.

I'll let ya know if it's only one wheel or just in the turns.

Jon...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think he said it's on the top of the fender.

Let me check:

"and some only had one on the top center of the fender"

Yup, top of the fender. My guess (and it's only a guess folks) is that since ABS is now standard on the DL-650, Suzuki doesn't feel the need to market it as agressively by festooning the bike with so many stickers.
Well if the sticker is on the TOP of the fender, that's different and I'm sure that he can assume his ABS will work while making both left and right turns, and I'll even venture to say that it'll work on both wheels too!

Just wondering why the OP would have any concern about the lack of a second sticker if the one you do have is mounted in the middle of the fender so there are no asymmetry issues. Where would the second sticker go that would look appropriate? Or are you just saying that, rather than wanting a second sticker added to your bike, you'd prefer that the stickers stay on the sides as opposed to the middle of the fender? I suspect that normin has nailed the reason though. ABS is gradually becoming more of a standard feature, so there's not as much need to make a big deal about it. Eventually, there probably won't be any ABS stickers on bikes because it's just be assumed that they all have it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No reason other than I've become used to seeing it on both sides and I think it looks cleaner that way instead of right in the middle of the fender.

I agree, Normin probably got it right though and in time thay may just leave it off all together.

I was more curious than anything else and figured someone else may wonder about it so decided to post the question.

Jon...

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I was more curious than anything else and figured someone else may wonder about it so decided to post the question.

Jon...
I'm curious that you noticed a difference in fit and finish between the single-stickered and double-stickered bikes. I'd be intereded in your elaboration.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
1 less sticker to have to remove.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm curious that you noticed a difference in fit and finish between the single-stickered and double-stickered bikes. I'd be interested in your elaboration.
It was more of an overall feeling than anything else.

What I did notice, besides no marks/scratches on the bodywork that I could find, were the little gaps between parts were more uniform. I even ran my finger over the edges of both fenders and the edges of all the body parts feeling for flaws and also checked the fins on the oil cooler and radiator. Everything passed my quality check.

Note: I'm one of those people that will notice if things do not line up correctly even before measuring it to verify (it drives my wife crazy.....LOL).

So after checking all the bikes on the showroom from side to side and top to bottom, the one I bought just looked and felt right (even with one abs sticker......LOL). Kind of like someone had spent a little extra time when it was put together.

Time will tell if I was correct in my overall assessment of the bike or not.

Jon...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would a missing sticker be covered under warranty?

I'm just sayin…

-Kevin

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Jon , firstly CONGRATULATIONS on getting your new strom :thumbup:, a :thumbdown:due to the fact that i was sitting here with a glass of red wine when i read your post ,i had to put down my glass and walk outside to have a look at my wee strom to check the ABS stickers :green_lol:,my bike was manufactured 7/10 and the ABS stickers are on each side of the front fender,i think that calls for another glass of red :mrgreen:,Ride Safe , Cheers Paul.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would a missing sticker be covered under warranty?

I'm just sayin…

-Kevin
Not in my case since it appears it was supposed to be that way.

But I did consider telling them it was a factory error to see if they would swap fenders off one of the other bikes. That thought went away when they sold me the bike for $600.00 (US) under MSRP :thumbup:

Jon...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I saw two stroms last week at a dealer. The white colored one had the two stickers and the black colored on had only one. They have had the white one for a few months now, but just got the black one in. I will have to go back and check the mfg date on the bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got a White 2011 mfg date 12/2010 with 2 ABS Stickers. I hear the bikes with 2 stickers go faster than those with just one. The 2nd sticker is worth about 10hp ;)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Got a White 2011 mfg date 12/2010 with 2 ABS Stickers. I hear the bikes with 2 stickers go faster than those with just one. The 2nd sticker is worth about 10hp ;)
The extra weight evens the performance figures though.:green_lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts