StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Troopers

Where would you recommend shopping online for general maintenance parts such as oil, oil filter, break fluid etc. Just going to do the 30K service by myself.
Also, any good tutorial on bleeding front break fluid?

Thanks
Mica

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Stretching the dollar

Hi Troopers

Where would you recommend shopping online for general maintenance parts such as oil, oil filter, break fluid etc. Just going to do the 30K service by myself.
Also, any good tutorial on bleeding front break fluid?

Thanks
Mica
I think the cost of freight for things like brake fluid, oil and filters would make this exercise costlier than shopping locally. Lots of places like Auto one and Repco stock this sort of stuff and have sales every time the wind changes. I know Supercheap got a serve from the forum a while back over an advert they ran showing a bike getting stopped by a car door but they had 20% off last weekend. Non genuine filters are available but the real thing isn't that dear.
On the other hand if you were ordering other items on line and wanted to fill your shopping basket to get a free freight deal or such then adding a couple of genuine filters might make it worth while.

Consider buying oil in bulk, it will work out cheaper if you buy 20L drum rather than 5L bottle.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Have ordered a centre stand and fork brace from Murphs' kits almost two weeks ago and the order is still in the processing stage? Have emailed but received no responce. They havent taken their money yet so not worried but has anybody else dealt with them and had the same problem?

Cheers

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Murphs is a good place. There are occasional problems with any business but I'm sure they will get their act together. Try another e-mail.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Murphs is a good place. There are occasional problems with any business but I'm sure they will get their act together. Try another e-mail.
Funny how some places just don't get it when it comes to communicating with and responding to customers.

Reading a post where a company fails to respond to a customer would put me off ordering from them myself.

I'm currently far from satisfied with my local Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership due to the failure of their workshop manager to keep me informed with regard to repairs on my old KLR650.

This, in conjunction with the fact that the quote for repairs went from $300 at the start- now standing at $700 [to pick up the bike in pieces] and $1300 to complete the repairs, has now meant that they have blown the sale on another bike I was keen on purchasing as well.

Customer communication and service is paramount for companies who want to stay in business.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Funny how some places just don't get it when it comes to communicating with and responding to customers.

Reading a post where a company fails to respond to a customer would put me off ordering from them myself.

I'm currently far from satisfied with my local Suzuki/Kawasaki dealership due to the failure of their workshop manager to keep me informed with regard to repairs on my old KLR650.

This, in conjunction with the fact that the quote for repairs went from $300 at the start- now standing at $700 [to pick up the bike in pieces] and $1300 to complete the repairs, has now meant that they have blown the sale on another bike I was keen on purchasing as well.

Customer communication and service is paramount for companies who want to stay in business.
I ordered from a website a few months ago after seeing a review of a product in an issue of an Australian magazine. I liked their products so ordered all 4 items available. I got a reply to my order 2 months later saying sorry we missed it and do I still want the products. No thanks, bought elsewhere was my reply.
What is wrong with the KLR Steve?

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I ordered from a website a few months ago after seeing a review of a product in an issue of an Australian magazine. I liked their products so ordered all 4 items available. I got a reply to my order 2 months later saying sorry we missed it and do I still want the products. No thanks, bought elsewhere was my reply.
What is wrong with the KLR Steve?
I'm not averse to ordering online, just think they need to make sure they consider the customer important enough to communicate with during the whole process.

Blair at SV Racing :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and :thumbup::thumbup: because he is worth more than 3 thumbs up.

The KLR went in for water pump seals and fork seals- quote $300.

I supplied a D606 to be fitted to the front [which they subsequently added to my bill @ $95 + $55 fitting :confused: it was my :furious: tyre I supplied in the first place] and requested a new tyre supplied by them be fitted to the rear @ $125 + $33 fitting.

There is where it all should have stopped.

They stuffed up the water pump repair by not checking the shaft and bearings while they had it apart, when they found them stuffed [after reassembling the motor with the new seals the first time around], they want to add $500+ to the bill for the shaft and bearing + labour for pulling it all apart again and reassembling it, again.

Now if they had done the pump first [and checked the shaft and bearings like they should have], rather than doing fork seals and tyres first..... I would have said "no I'm not prepared to spend $1300 on a bike that is barely worth that to buy in the first place".

I would have paid the labour for disassembly [$150 tops] and then taken the bike home to part out, and spent the rest of the money buying something else to replace the KLR.

"NOT HAPPY JAN!" as they say in the TV ads. :furious::furious::furious:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sounds like a very frustrating series of events. :confused:
Yeah I buy online for some stuff but do spend money at local business' often.
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
for major suzuki parts, i find PartShark.com - Motorcycle Parts, ATV Parts, UTV Parts, PWC Parts, Powersports Apparel, Motorcycle Accessories for OEM and Aftermarket. the cheapest in the state - their UPS shipping rate is quite discounted (in the us, shipping rate can be discounted at various level). The communication is very good.

The only issue is that they dont stock a lot of the genunine parts, so they order from Suzuki US which general takes another 3-5 business days - but your credit card is charged from day one. I suggest you email them to ask availability and if not available if Suzuki US has them or do they have to be imported from Japan (a 4 - 6week wait) - But their price is generally 35% to 45% off the MSRP in US and still mostly less than 1/2 the price Suzuki Aust wants (at current exchange rate) when shipping is added.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Yes sent another email to which I have received a reply. Apparently they did not have any centre stands in stock and are expecting them in on Monday. I think I read somewhere that Murphs is operated by a couple and they do sometimes get behind. However I still would have thought a reply to my first email was not too much to expect. A reply with an update on the situation might not have contained the info I wanted ( no stock for x amount of time) but at least it would have kept me in the loop and therefore I would not have been on here askinbg questions. This does no good for them in the eyes of myself and probably others.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts