StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's almost exactly one year since I bought the Strom.

I will respectfully decline to remember how much money I've spent (bike, tyres (bloody tyres!!),screen, chain, jackets, helmets, gloves, boots, fuel, motels, video camera . . blah blah blah) and I don't even have a lot of farkles!! How do you farklers do it!?

I will however stop to ponder how much time I've spent on it. 41383km - if I averaged 50 kmh (seriously doubt it - traffic/dirt etc) that's 15.9 hrs/week or 2.26 hrs/day - on the seat!!! That doesn't include the idle time that often goes along with it, time away from home etc. *If* I commuted every day it would add up to 1008km - not much - I live very close to work. The VAST majority of my km's are weekends and holidays! What did I do with that time beforehand???

Some of these have been posted somewhere here before but since I'm getting all nostalgic - here are some of my MC related memories from the last year:

Will be by here again on the weekend.

bit further:

Wrong Day:

GOR:

Back 'o' Dungog:

Dorrigo:

Shooting trip:

Nullabor:

Pt Lincoln:

Border crossing:

There's plenty more but there's a 15 pic limit!

·
Administrator
17,020 Posts
Awesome pics.......man I gotta get myself to Australia!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wonderful first year, great pics. I love the soft scabbard set up. If I could get away with that, I'd even leave my truck at home when I go to the clays range.

Enjoy

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
oodeano looks like a killer ride. I hope you don't mind but i posted your carrying picture in the off topic forum title "who packs heat" as you are one of the few seen carrying a longgun on your strom. Hats off to you..J.R

·
Registered
118 Posts
Pots?

Great pictures! Riding down there must be a hoot. Your bike looks well-equipped for most things that come across your path.

I must say the Nindigully Pub piqued my interest. Does the Pots sign become more readable after leaving the pub?

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries JR - I guess I never really considered it carrying? It was only on the property (86,000 acres) - my father and I met there and he did the carrying to and fro.

A 'pot' is a measure (glass) of beer in Aus - don't know if that's worldwide - guess not?

Stop for Pots is what they are saying :mrgreen:

While I think of it, ever wondered how far away you are?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts