StromTrooper banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
The daisychains on the Mosko's are real handy. I hang stuff off the back and on top every big trip. I use carabiners & small Rok straps to attach and hold it all close so no flopping around. The Rok's have loops that attached at each end, then a buckle in the middle, so they stay in place all the time, just have to buckle them and tuck the tails.

Hanging off back is my hammock in a small waterproof roll top bag on one side, and on the other is my small folding backpack chair. On top on one side is a rolled up roll top cooler that gets filled with ice and beverage before making camp for the night.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
This is why ever since I have been gainfully employed I have chosen hotels. My idea of roughing it is when the lounge/restaurant is not connected to the hotel and I have to walk a few hundred yards to get a drink and a nice hot meal and then more drinks followed my after dinner drinks and then a night cap.

Call me crazy but after a day of riding I like a nice shower, soft bed, room with heating /cooling. A toilet and running water are also nice.

Camping to me is the 9th level of Hell.
I've done that a time or two myself but I really enjoy the fire in the evening and the different bird sounds plus the odd animal that wanders through. One morning several pronghorns came by, another a lone skunk. Shinning a flashlight into the darkness can sometimes see eyes reflecting back at you. Coyotes, raccoons. When car camping outside of campgrounds I carry a charcoal barbecue for the evening fire. Keeps things safe and doesn't leave a trace plus easy to snuff at bedtime just put the cover on.

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
The Varios I got are really stiff to operate and don't have the handle to make the adjustment. So I leave them fully expanded all the time.
There is a write up on the 650 BMW forum about using your foot in the box while working the outer portion and wiggling/lifting it. PITA.
Nice bags generally though.

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
"My Vario's operate as quickly and smoothly as the video. I'm not familiar with eh bar-less designed Varios."

Original design, no mechanical assist. the gaskets get tired and dry and stiff. Set I got doesn't have the metal skin on it either. Just black, like the coffee.
Even a shot of the silicone spray didn't seem to help.

·
Super Moderator
4,483 Posts
Well, there is that but 6ft long goannas also help. These beggers walked past my campsite on a regular basis (within a metre or two).

41 - 53 of 53 Posts