StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, I was in Maui on vacation. Front street in Lahaina is the main touristy area of the island, where they were having some kinda Harley Davidson meet and greet. Apparently, the pirates had someone important there. I didn't know who it was, but I took this picture of the bikes lined up on the street. Can you see the person who marches to the beat of a different drum?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,840 Posts
My Mom-in Law lived in Lahaina for a long time we used to visit every year or two. There is a yearly invasion of Hardleys from all over the islands. They come by barge and do the tour thing. They have to transfer from the big boat to a smaller one to get to port. Once in a while they drop one in the water.
Wonder who the sensible one with the Suzuki is? A far better bike for the back roads and mountains of Maui!

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
All the pirates are in the sidewalk bar wondering which Harley that is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I took this pic this summer on a ride with a few people from work, I'm surprised they let me ride with them:mrgreen:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Gotta just love the center stand ability in this type of crowd.

The chrome crowd must be like, WTF, how'd he do that?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Gotta just love the center stand ability in this type of crowd.

The chrome crowd must be like, WTF, how'd he do that?
You should see their faces when you start it, rock it off the centerstand, release the clutch and get underway without your flip flops leaving the pegs.

·
Registered
541 Posts
There is safety in numbers. If there is another non Hardley anywhere to be seen that is where I park. This was a poker run. I felt completely out of place. It was fine. It was all in my mind until later when the Pirates started to hit the grog to heavily. I jumped ship early. We really need a pirate emoticon.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like you could have hung out with the ninja 250 rider...

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
781 Posts
I was in Lahaina that same evening and spotted the Strom. Some sort of arts festival going on. Mostly Harleys and scooters with a few dirt bikes on the island and that was the only Strom I saw in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Well I turned the tables on the last ride I organized. Three V-Stroms, one Harley (far right in pic). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had a similar time when riding last weekend. Parked the v and my mates cb400 close together in between a lot of Harleys. One guy commented the space was not going to allow for two bikes, but they slotted in between nicely with room to spare. Is the gap between harleys left there for the pirate swagger when dismounting. Another guy on a KTM dirt bike parked between 2 harleys at the same place and the owners rushed out to see if their bikes had been scratched but the KTM sat higher at the bars and cleared them easily. I checked and none of the pirates had a parrot.

Did Maui last year and if they were riding a full lap around the old volcano the strom would love the dirt while everyone else would go back via the twisty way and going by how twisty it is, there would be a large demand on pegs and foot boards.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Johannesburg south Africa Harley owners group

My girlfriend and I were out at a band night and got an invite to come for Sunday morning ride with a band member.
07.30. Sunday we arrive along with 70 shiney Harley's.
We were made so welcome to join in and ride along. They were very orgonised as a group riding together. After breakfast I traded wife's with our friend and leeanne got to ride on the couch. So now she tells methat it shod go on my wish list to stand almond side other bikes she qod like to own one day.
Harley guys of Africa very cool. They just couldn't keep up once I left the tar for the dirt shortcut.
Greetings from the only strom in Swaziland.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts