StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding tonight on a busy, 45mph, four lane road (Rt 65 near Ohio Twp for those in the Pittsburgh area), I saw a kid texting and riding his motorcycle.

C'mon, man...

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was filling up my car this afternoon and the gas station is next to a four lane highway. A kid walks right through traffic with his ear buds in his I-Pod and just about gets wiped out. He never looked at traffic, either way and was about 5 feet from getting creamed. Hope he learns before it's too late. :headbang:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
A kid walks right through traffic with his ear buds in his I-Pod and just about gets wiped out.
He never looked at traffic, either way. . .
Hope he learns before it's too late.
A list...

1.) Not to worry, Mother nature will cleanse him from our midst's in due time.

2.) Glad it's not just here in Jersey that people function in a complete self-serving pedestrian daze.

3.) Clips of motorcycle texting seems to be an unfortunately common event if one does a youtube search. :eek:rig_frown:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was out riding tonight on a busy, 45mph, four lane road (Rt 65 near Ohio Twp for those in the Pittsburgh area), I saw a kid texting and riding his motorcycle.

C'mon, man...
Inattentive drivers are so common out here, so many of them are texting. This morning coming through the squirrel hill tunnel, a driver was going about 35 (in a 55mph interstate, for those not familiar), full out playing with his phone with about a quarter mile between him and the car in front of him. It's a wonder these tunnels get so backed up.

The Philadelphian in me wants to exact revenge, but illegally passes in the tunnel instead. The scientist in me realizes the ramifications of physics.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Inattentive drivers are so common out here, so many of them are texting. This morning coming through the squirrel hill tunnel, a driver was going about 35 (in a 55mph interstate, for those not familiar), full out playing with his phone with about a quarter mile between him and the car in front of him. It's a wonder these tunnels get so backed up.

The Philadelphian in me wants to exact revenge, but illegally passes in the tunnel instead. The scientist in me realizes the ramifications of physics.
Then, as a scientist, you must be familiar with the properties of reflection and refraction. Want a hand farkling that exhaust? :)

PS, that tunnel sucks and I envy no one coming in from that side of town...

·
Premium Member
7,203 Posts
Why should stupidity belong only to cagers? Riders that text join squids and drunks as Darwin Award candidates.

The problem with the gene pool is there are no lifeguards

·
Registered
15,609 Posts
It's amazing that civilization has let little plastic boxes control our lives!

Turn on tune in and drop out has taken a new meaning!:yikes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
While living in the Dallas-Ft. Worst Metro area a couple years ago I followed an older(should know better kind of older) guy texting while riding his Goldwing on I-45SB, but the one that left me speechless was a guy that passed me on I-20EB at 100+mph doing a wheelie with his right leg on the left rear (passenger) foot peg while wearing shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops......I didn't know whether to be in awe or shake my head at the pure stupidity. On a side note, he was wearing a helmet but I'm not sure why.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts