StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for good on-line source(s) for oil, filters and stuff, not just for my Wee but my XR also.

A Canadian site would be best for me but I'm not holding out much hope. Luckily, I live in a border town so purchasing from American sites often works out well as long as they accept my Canadian credit card with the U.S. ship-to address I use.

My main problem is that I can't find any 10w-40 synthetic oil locally except for the $13/litre Mobil-1 MX4T at "Cajun Tire". :x

Also, our local Honda dealer charges maximum markup on everything and I'm sick of it. :x

Thanks,

Martin

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Re: On-line source for OEM and/or AM oil, filters, parts etc

Canadian Tire here carries Amsoil Oil (I'm not a fan) and I use their house brand oil. Where abouts do you live???

Martin said:
I'm looking for good on-line source(s) for oil, filters and stuff, not just for my Wee but my XR also.

A Canadian site would be best for me but I'm not holding out much hope. Luckily, I live in a border town so purchasing from American sites often works out well as long as they accept my Canadian credit card with the U.S. ship-to address I use.

My main problem is that I can't find any 10w-40 synthetic oil locally except for the $13/litre Mobil-1 MX4T at "Cajun Tire". :x

Also, our local Honda dealer charges maximum markup on everything and I'm sick of it. :x

Thanks,

Martin

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Sault Ste. Marie.

Our CDN Tire, which is huge, carries only a couple of brands of 10w-40. The house brand ("Formula"?) 10w-40 which has the dreaded "energy conserving" designation and Mobil-1 MX4T, which I put into the XR over the weekend (it seems to like it but I don't like the $13/litre price).

By the way, the Honda dealer's prices seem to have dropped quite a bit. My oil filter was under $10 this time. I think they've been getting some heat because their pricing didn't jive with the current exchange rate.

- Martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts