StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute about everyday between Washougal and Portland, and Usually everyday around 5:30am and 3:00pm i see a gray strom going the other direction (i am heading southbound at 5:30am and northbound at 3:00pm). I know this sounds crazy but i don't think this is the same person? maybe it is? I believe the windshields are different or one is missing the decals...and i haven't been able to get a good enough look to see if it's a vee or a wee...

who are you? i know there a few stromthusiasts around my area here

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Yes, it sounds crazy - I'm surprised there are two of you crossing at that time of the morning. Can't imagine there's a third trooper doing the same thing.

Now, make it 7:30-8:00 AM, heading northbound on I-5 just south of downtown Portland and it is probably me.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't go south of portland all that often in my daily travels...on occasion depending on traffic i will drive across or through portland...

is there a thread or section for Portland-Vancouver area stromthusiasts?? maybe there should be? and or maybe some point in time a ride or gathering?? just a thought...i have been part of a few different forums, and this one is probably one of the best ones i have ever been a part of..:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Nothing specific to PDX-Vancouver, but there is a Northwest section under Regional or "club" section - North America. When I got my first strom 5 years ago, there was a very active PDX group but the primary instigator moved away and sold his strom, a couple of the others moved on to other bikes as well. Still, there's a bunch of us around (and a bunch more who ride stroms but aren't active here).

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have seen quite a few stroms, i actually saw another one at the highway 30 and nicolai intersection near my work this last monday around 4:30pm. i think it was a blue one. it's amazing how many of these bikes i see all over the place now that i own one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts