StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An oldie but a great documentary, nearly every type of riding on 1971 technology bikes when crash barriers were hay bales and post rail fence !
enjoy

EDIT - Links removed, no longer available on youtube, you'll now have to borrow a copy of this classic motorcycling documentary from a mate.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The American copywrite law was passed on Oct 19 1976, this documentary was made in 1971 and I believe is now public domain property.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Not quite.

This page looks at When Copyright Protection Becomes Public Domain.

"Published from 1964 to 1977 - When published with notice - copyright protection lasts 28 years for first term; automatic extension of 67 years for second term for a total of 95 years." (bold italics added by me).

However, things are changing on YouTube. They're pretty good at knocking out copyright stuff but you'll notice how much is being left up now, with the blessings of the owner. This article says:

"Remarkably, more than one-third of the two billion views of YouTube videos with ads each week are ... uploaded without the copyright owner’s permission but left up by the owner’s choice."

"YouTube runs ads with the video and splits the revenue with ... [the copyright owners]."

Finally, I realise this forum may have concerns about being sued for linking to copyright material, however as this article points out even if you embed the video there is practically no chance of being sued, and zero chance for just posting a link.

FYI, I'm not a lawyer. This is not legal advise. Just my opinion posted for educational purposes.

BTW, awesome movie.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
If you have the will to watch a movie while sitting in front of a computer, then more power to you!!!!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
If you have the will to watch a movie while sitting in front of a computer, then more power to you!!!!
Spoiled little brat, you are.

He's what I'm gonna do:

Roll my son's KLR into the basement in front of my 46" TV.

Set my laptop on the gas tank with a HDMI cable to the TV and watch the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Spoiled little brat, you are.

He's what I'm gonna do:

Roll my son's KLR into the basement in front of my 46" TV.

Set my laptop on the gas tank with a HDMI cable to the TV and watch the whole thing.
Hope your KLR has a beer holder!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Reality Movie Viewing

Do NOT have the engine running in the garage. It could be your last ride.
I know this is stating the obvious but people sometimes forget, a couple of farmers have run generators in the bottom of well and didn't live to tell the tale.

·
Registered
612 Posts
We watched this doco just last week end, has some really interesting stuff in it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im glad some enjoyed seeing this classic again :)

Thanks for clearing up the copyright, unlike directly posting a pic or extract of copyrighted material,,, posting a link to something that someone else has uploaded probably doesn’t breach any laws. The copyright issues are YouTube and the up loaders problem, which is sorted out with owners permission (and also owner receiving $$) the more views the link gets the more $$ the owner gets from viewed YouTube advertising.

Another classis..... V four Victory - Joey Dunlop on TT.... hope you enjoy this as much as "On Any Sunday"

Joey Dunlop 1/3 - YouTube

Joey Dunlop 2/3 - YouTube

Joey Dunlop 3/3 - YouTube

The laptop on YouTube plugged into the TV is great, the segments run about the same time a TV show does between ads.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It would appear that the On Any Sunday vids have been pulled from youtube now anyway.
Cheers brian
Thanks Brian, I just checked the links, wow !!! 24 hours after being posted on here they are removed with a copyright claim....... coincidence ??? or conspiracy by someone contacting the relevant parties to have the upload suspended "in the interest of the motorcycling community" of course and not to only prove a trivial point ???

Perhaps the claim will be settled with youtube soon and it will return free to view again one day with an advertisemant first

oh well,,,, 3 million other clips on youtube to enjoy :).

I will have to borrow a mates legal "one backup copy" on his hard drive to watch it again one day

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks Brian, I just checked the links, wow !!! 24 hours after being posted on here they are removed with a copyright claim....... coincidence ??? or conspiracy by someone contacting the relevant parties to have the upload suspended "in the interest of the motorcycling community" of course and not to only prove a trivial point ???

Perhaps the claim will be settled with youtube soon and it will return free to view again one day with an advertisemant first

oh well,,,, 3 million other clips on youtube to enjoy :).

I will have to borrow a mates legal "one backup copy" on his hard drive to watch it again one day
Or you could just borrow my DVD, or come down one day and we will watch it on the big[ish] TV over a beer or three and a pizza [not that the girls will be impressed with a non "chick flick" movie :fineprint: ].

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yep, YouTube are on top of it. In this case the owners did not agree to leaving the videos posted and getting some advertising revenue.

Looks like Monterey Media Inc have purchased the copyright from Bruce Brown (the Director). They seem to specialize in digitizing and re-releasing old movies to DVD, so maybe they're a bit sensitive to On Any Sunday being posted for free. You can see they've got a few DVD versions of it HERE - 30th anniversary release, director's cut etc.

You might want to edit your first post, mountainlagoon, pulling the links or advising they no longer work to save new viewers wasting time.

Cheers,

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ock, sounds good, classic motorcycle DVD's, pizza and beers :) next week of rain here.

SuzyV, links removed, confusion, mayhem and anarchy avoided for now.

Ironic that "On any Sunday" was made in an era before litigation and political correctness detroyed mankinds spirit to attempt to do anything. Dont want to consider the BS involved today to run the events shown in that documentary !!!!! In 1971 you could find a big hill and invite people to see how far they can ride up it (widow maker)

p.s. yes I was alive in 1971

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Ock, sounds good, classic motorcycle DVD's, pizza and beers :) next week of rain here.
I have;

On Any Sunday
Easy Rider
Long Way Round
Long Way Down
Wild Hogs
Screaming Metal
The History of Harley Davidson
The Great Escape [not a bike movie, but a classic Steve McQueen bike segment]

I need a new copy of The Worlds Fastest Indian [if anyone has one they want to sell].

Enough bike DVD's to make it almost all the way through the non riding segment of winter [but hey, I have a KLR650 for the dirt and mud so really no non riding part to winter anymore]. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Curious - the day after this Thread goes live, the YouTube On Any Sunday links mentioned have been dead ended by YouTube.

My conspiratorial mind cannot ignore the tattle-tale aspect of this timeliness - confessions? I'll even turn the light out for 20 seconds, and ask no questions!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Curious - the day after this Thread goes live, the YouTube On Any Sunday links mentioned have been dead ended by YouTube.

My conspiratorial mind cannot ignore the tattle-tale aspect of this timeliness - confessions? I'll even turn the light out for 20 seconds, and ask no questions!
+ 1
Great movie , i have it on DVD , will have to watch it again soon.
Ozzy

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
I have;

On Any Sunday
Easy Rider
Long Way Round
Long Way Down
Wild Hogs
Screaming Metal
The History of Harley Davidson
The Great Escape [not a bike movie, but a classic Steve McQueen bike segment]

I need a new copy of The Worlds Fastest Indian [if anyone has one they want to sell].

Enough bike DVD's to make it almost all the way through the non riding segment of winter [but hey, I have a KLR650 for the dirt and mud so really no non riding part to winter anymore]. :thumbup:
Ock all thats needed now is a movie with a couple of amusing fight scenes , some gratuitous nudity:thumbup: and copious amounts of dope smoking:beatnik:, Stone.

Cheers

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ock, As per the law, I have my one legal back up copy of my original DVD of The First Indian movie that you could borrow, of course if you made a copy while it was in your possession that would be illegal and I suggest you do NOT do this when you borrow it. (I wouldnt want to break any copyright laws and then have Mr tattle-tale, got no life & nothing better to do, vindictive, sad little shit of a do-goodie, know it all but really know nothing, all the gear no idea, wanker go and report you)

I also have

Stone
trail bike DVD's
Dual Sport Riding 1 & 2
and a 4 DVD bike maintenance series (basic stuff)
other assorted bike DVD's

1 - 20 of 24 Posts