StromTrooper banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
I just had an odd thought. At BMW rallies we used to look at speedometers and chicken strips for evidence of use and mileage.
At Strom gatherings we can look at Vin numbers for oldest suggestions of heritage. it's pathetic I know!:crying2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool. You needed less help that perhaps implied. Enjoy the revitalized Wee.

You could ride it to the Cache rally in Colorado next year in June and we could improvise a shrine to the antiquity. Maybe even buy you a beer.
I may have to do that next June! I read quite a bit on this forum before I posted anything and the info was very helpful.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
I just checked the mileage from Wichita to Buena Vista. Dang. it's 600 miles and only the next state away. i get to ride through 4 states and my trip in only 300 miles longer.
Kansas is one big dang place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kansas is big, hot in the summer, cold in the winter, mostly dry, windy and flat. BTW, got out on my bike for a ride tonight. For the first 10 to 15 minutes I had to think about what I was doing on the bike but soon after that everything started to flow like it used to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool. You needed less help that perhaps implied. Enjoy the revitalized Wee.

You could ride it to the Cache rally in Colorado next year in June and we could improvise a shrine to the antiquity. Maybe even buy you a beer.
Oh sure, when it looked like I had the oldest bike I was buying the beers now this new guy comes along, knocks me off the podium and your buying the beers for him, where is the justice:confused: Naw just funing >:) great to hear you got it running and hope you will soon have her on the road and cruising up the miles :wink2:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh sure, when it looked like I had the oldest bike I was buying the beers now this new guy comes along, knocks me off the podium and your buying the beers for him, where is the justice:confused: Naw just funing >:) great to hear you got it running and hope you will soon have her on the road and cruising up the miles :wink2:
Thanks. Have been riding to work daily plus a few other short jaunts and bike is running well. Better than I would have thought for sitting as long as it did. Still need to catch up on some maintenance though.

Notacop - Don't have a trailer and don't plan to get one so if I get to the rally it will be because my azz was on the seat the whole way!

BTW, as old as is I have started calling it the Dino-Strom!

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Just don't do what an intrepid attendee did last year and take the Wrong Way Round. His adventures proved to be a bit rough and painful.
We'd all like to get there safe and ready to have a good time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
And from Canada with not much time to ride, there is only 58051KM on my 2004 DL650. Production 10/03. VIN.....100347.
Hopefully will plus the mileage tomorrow off to work today.
Need to try out that new chain and sprockets.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts