StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
feels much like the 09 now i know why the 1st thing i did on my old one was swap the windshield.#1 farkle again. new bike feels smaller probably because no farkles yet.i hate breaking in a new bike so i cant tell any performance changes i like the new dash display.i really wanted abs thats why i bought it and the price was right.i think i would of kept my 09 forever if it had abs

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm in the same situation, however I liked the comfort of the older rig better. I've been working since February and have finally gotten the Wee2 to the same level of comfort. It only took 4000 miles to get it there. Getting decked out for Alaskain trip in June. I'll be spending about five weeks on it so it became very important to get thing feeling right. Now to find the right tires for the trip as the PR3's are about worn out..

·
Registered
265 Posts
I used to have an DL1000. I like the new DL650, it is better design, much better gas mileage, ABS is great addition. I would like to see more power, however thinking rationally this bike is perfect for my usage.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used to have an DL1000. I like the new DL650, it is better design, much better gas mileage, ABS is great addition. I would like to see more power, however thinking rationally this bike is perfect for my usage.
I've always said if she just put out about 20-30 more hp... :yesnod:

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Do you have a photo somewhere with it decked out for Alaska? I know a guy that does Anchorage to White River on a Triumph Tiger XC 800 and it sounds like fun.

I'm in the same situation, however I liked the comfort of the older rig better. I've been working since February and have finally gotten the Wee2 to the same level of comfort. It only took 4000 miles to get it there. Getting decked out for Alaskain trip in June. I'll be spending about five weeks on it so it became very important to get thing feeling right. Now to find the right tires for the trip as the PR3's are about worn out..

·
Registered
187 Posts
Lots of folks decry ABS, especially for dirt use. But as an almost exclusively street rider, thumbs up for ABS! I have less than 1000 miles on my brand new 2013 Glee, but the ABS saved me from a low-side the other day.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lots of folks decry ABS, especially for dirt use. But as an almost exclusively street rider, thumbs up for ABS! I have less than 1000 miles on my brand new 2013 Glee, but the ABS saved me from a low-side the other day.
I have not had any issues with my ABS off road, here is an interesting off road test.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHZJ6nIAsEY

·
Registered
508 Posts
What does ABS feel like when it engages? I haven't really stomped on my 2011s brakes yet to test the ABS.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What does ABS feel like when it engages? I haven't really stomped on my 2011s brakes yet to test the ABS.
I have really only had to get on mine hard one time, and I just felt a slight pulsation, but really, I was amazed at how smoothly and quickly I came to a stop. It was nothing like the ABS in my truck, which is a very strong pulsation, or shaking...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would agree. It works very well with no muss and no fuss. When I was cut off going about 90 kms an hour I hauled on the brakes and I could hear the front tire just starting to slide then backing off. It kept cycling until my speed got down to the point that I didn't need the ABS anymore. I too was very impressed with how smoothly it all worked. If the bike hadn't had ABS I still could have stopped it but the ABS turned what would have been a heart in the mouth situation into something more akin to a yawn. I was very impressed.

I have really only had to get on mine hard one time, and I just felt a slight pulsation, but really, I was amazed at how smoothly and quickly I came to a stop. It was nothing like the ABS in my truck, which is a very strong pulsation, or shaking...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new wee

broke the bike in today nice 400 mile ride. my heads still bouncing givi air flow on the way

1 - 11 of 11 Posts