StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one riden the Old Northbay HWY route featured on the TSN motorcycle show this week? It looks like a perfect ride to test the Vee.
I will try to download the route from TSN.

JN

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
I haven't ridden the Old Nipppising Trail featured on Motorcycle Experience over the last few weeks but have been talking (with Heavy) about maybe doing that before long.

There ha ve been threads on ADV Rider about it (in the Canadian Section) and riders have posted GPS routes to use as well.

..Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
I went and found the start of it just up past Rosseau a bit. It looked really, really gnarly. I think I'd wait until the hot dog days of August to try it out. Let the ground get nice and hardpacked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Old Nippissing Trail

Unless you're really into getting rattled around, I agree with waiting a while. I was on the south end of the Nippissing Trail last Sunday (only because Hwy 518 was completely washed out and I needed to detour). It was brutally rough and full of pot holes. Speaking of, has anybody had any luck finding a worthwhile map of that route?

Tim
'07 DL650

·
Registered
41 Posts
Old Nippissing Trail

Thanks Double D. I actually mountain biked part of that trail a few years back and even the local maps were of no use. This'll help.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts