StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm new with a wee. haven't ridden since about '73. mostly off road then. went easy riding? with two younger guys on their dirt bikes. one lane dirt road gravel, loose dirt. passable with most cars slowly. our speed 45-60 most of the time. this was fast! am i just that out of practice.
wee did just fine, but couldn't ask ask much more of it on dirt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just take your time mate. Bikes have changed a bit since the 70's.
I'd suggest get out and do some solo road miles at your own pace, and get back in the swing of things slowly.
And think about taking a training course too....lot more knowledge available now than in the past.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
trophyman ,I know (as do some of the others who went on our june 24th get together ) EXACTLY how you feel. WE followed JackPiner57 on a low use road in the Adirondacks and I believe we all consumed an ample amount of dust , Which was consumed at speed above 45mph in dirt........ :shock:
This was a lot faster than most of us were used too .
And by the way were getting together again this month. (See the New England forum ) :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks vtstrom

thanks for that reply vtstrom. for a ride that was supposed to be very
easy, for a guy not having ridden for a while, thought that was fairly quick. didn't feel ride was unreasonable but if that's very easy for
everyone in the woods these days, i thought i might have to think about
doing any offroading, as a hazard to others. and yes i'm getting old, but i feel that 80+ blasts when we hit any bit of back road pavement, while fun,
was a bit much when you have a new guy with you. enough whining,the wee did great, very pleased with it so far. you just gotta understand
what the wee was designed for.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
The Strom will do a little better on dirt if you let some air out of both ends. A portable air compressor like a Sparrow or Slime unit would be a good buy and can fit under the seat behind the toolbag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts