StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, just found this site, very cool, i'll be checkin this out for months - even more in the winter (like the rest of you). I'm in Vernon British Columbia, Canada, been riding dirtbikes since i was 6. Not to say i'm an expert rider - i have a buddy who 'wears' his bike - i watch him with envy, i just dont have the mental processes aparently. I do have some experience crashing however, (in the dirt - none of the wee thankfully) and that experience allows me to keep up with my buddy.

Bought a canuck blue k4 wee 650 used (had 1 year, 5000km on it) cause it's riding stature is pretty close to dirtbikes, which i'm thinking is not as hard on my lower back as a cafe racer style that my partner has (GSXR 600).

I'm good with mechanical and electrical things, grew up on a farm as the only male, now am a LV sparky and own/operate a small telecommunications company. So i like doing electronics modifications (rebuilt the alternator in my XR-400 so it could be street able with lights), like doing mods on my cars/trucks, and helping friends with their mods etc. Decent with computers - tho i find it difficult to keep up at times which frustrates the $h1t out of me.

Anyway, would be cool to meet some dudes locally for riding, bike mods, brews, road trips, bbqs and camping.

marty

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to the troop. Abbotsford, here. Let me know if you plan on passing through.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Hello wolf nice to have you here...Im in West Kelowna myself.
Hopefully it doesnt all burn down tonight :confused:
I work at Gormans Mill....so Im hoping I still have a job in the morning too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the fire

No doubt! We are watching wondering if its 2003 all over again... Hope you and yours pull through ok!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! I'm just up the road in the 'Loops.
Hey Thanks! I grew up in monte creek, mom and dad still live near the wild life park, and we often go on day rides via kamloops. I have a favorite loop: vernon - kamloops via monte lake then old vernon highway (barnyardvale road), aberdeen to knutsford to merrit, road to spences bridge and either to logan lake if the day is shorter, or spences bridge - cache creek and back to kamloops. Dinner visit with mom and some xbox rockband makes mom happy. Would be cool to do a boot with you this summer if thats cool?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the troop. Abbotsford, here. Let me know if you plan on passing through.
Thanks! Might be doing a road trip to vanc for the aug long weekend, not sure yet, plans keep changing lol!

Let me know if you end up in my neck of the woods (unless they burn down tonite!)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Pretty soon the pack will take over. There are a lot of wolves on the site.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts