StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for a ride this coming weekend, October 18th or 19th? I can ride either day or both for that matter. I hail from Tulsa, but can meet up just about anywhere.

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in Bixby! I'll be in Stillwater all day Saturday for OSU and work Sunday morning/early afternoon... But I'm up for a good ride any time! I've just had the Wee for about 6 weeks now and have yet to discover the good roads around here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had planned to go to Arkansas with Newner and the ADVrider gang this weekend, but looks like I'll have to go in to work for a bit Saturday morning :bom_furious3:, but after that I'm free :thumbsup:. What did you have in mind?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anybody up for a ride this coming weekend, October 18th or 19th? I can ride either day or both for that matter. I hail from Tulsa, but can meet up just about anywhere.

Steve
That wasn't you I saw last night around 111th and Memorial on a blue wee was it? Around 6:30?

First time I'd ever seen another Strom in the 918!

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts

Steve
This weekend is the big D/S gathering down at Clayton State Park, that's where I'll be. On the DR-Z though, not the Strom.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Bixby! I'll be in Stillwater all day Saturday for OSU and work Sunday morning/early afternoon... But I'm up for a good ride any time! I've just had the Wee for about 6 weeks now and have yet to discover the good roads around here.
Lets meet up next weekend then, assuming it's not raining. Tarqal57 and I rode up to the Langley area last Sunday and rode behind the Pensacola Dam. Nice twisty roads going to Spavinaw there. Let me know when you are free.

Steve

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had planned to go to Arkansas with Newner and the ADVrider gang this weekend, but looks like I'll have to go in to work for a bit Saturday morning :bom_furious3:, but after that I'm free :thumbsup:. What did you have in mind?

I'm up for anything really. My off road abilities are some what limited, but I can handle fireroads and that sort of thing. I'll pm you my cell number.

Steve

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wasn't you I saw last night around 111th and Memorial on a blue wee was it? Around 6:30?

First time I'd ever seen another Strom in the 918!
Wasn't me but I bet it was tarqal57. The pictures below are of him and me riding behind the Pensacola Dam last Sunday. Mike is in the water. My bike is parked. He has a bash plate and crash bars. I don't and didn't want to risk getting stuck with something broken. Let me know when you can ride.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like you Tulsa guys need to put something together..................and then invite the rest of us.
Haven't explored that part of the state much, looks like I need to.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Ride This Weekend

Hey Fellow Okies,

Got on the bike at 8 am met up with a guy from work on his 1190 cc Star Yamaha and kicked his ass - lol. We rode from T-Town to Eureka Springs and back. His exact words, "Steve, you would be way behind me, and then vrooom, you were there." I passed him doing over 120 (down hill) while he had it wide open. So much for the weee sucking ass. I had now idea I was going that fast until I looked down at the speedo, and yes I know it's off by a good 7-10%, but still accelerating baby.

Anyway, if you haven't been into Arkansas riding, it is kick ass. Man, I can't begin to describe the scenery. It rocked.

Hope to ride with you all soon.

Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
come on down some weekend. I'm off Sunday and Monday
I live in the north east corner of the state about 30 miles from line of the 4 states

Sounds like you Tulsa guys need to put something together..................and then invite the rest of us.
Haven't explored that part of the state much, looks like I need to.:biggrin:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Old Fart Sport Bike & Adventure Riders

There are about 20 of us here in Tulsa who ride all over the world, we own a variety of bikes and ride quite a bit. We have lunch on Mondays at the Polo Grill at 11:30 21st & Utica and on Fridays at Cancuuns 7th & Lewis. You are welcome to attend. If you would like to get to know the roads in Oklahoma, Missouri, & Arkansas we would be more than happy to show you around.

go here to see some of our adventures:www.kieth.smugmug.com

my phone at the office is 918-446-2245 email [email protected]

bikes that I own:

2007 650DL, 2004 950KTM Adventure, 2003 650sxc KTM, 2005 WR450 Yamaha, 2006 Yamaha FZ1, 2004 Beta 270 trials bike BMWK1200LT

Other weekly events: The Dead Cat Motodrome Flat track riding free bikes provided come and ride it is a ball.......Monday evenings must come to lunch to find out where..........

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'd be totally down for a ride on Saturday morning. I have some plans early on in the afternoon, around 3 or so, so if anyone wants to show me some sweet roads I would be mucho appreciative!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts