StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the other thread, but wanted to make it more visible!

I am looking to go for a decent ride on Saturday morning, probably from 10-11 am till 2 or 3 pm. I'm looking for some decent roads to hit up in the Northeastern area of the state. Anyone on any bike is invited to join me, as I've only been a solo rider thus far.

I will hold off on any additional details until I figure out if anyone else is on board or not.

We won't have weather like this for much longer so lets enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I'm on board. Might want to leave a bit earlier though.

Steve

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
can't make this weekend, but if you do it again after this weekend that would be great...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can leave earlier as long as it's not butt-crack of dawn early!

I'm a bartender @ Chili's in Bixby and have to close Friday night so I'm gonna need at least a few hours sleep if I'm gonna be able to keep up!! :biggrin5:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good Roads

My wife and I will be leaving for Eureka Springs, AR at 9:00am Sat morning. We would be happy to show you some great twisty roads on the way . Our route will be:

1. Meet at the Quik Trip at I44 & 161st E Ave at 9:00 am

2. East on I44 to 412E

3. East on 412 scenic to Hwy 82 N

4. 82N to Salina and the intersection of Hwy 20

5. Take a right at intersection thru Kenwood indian Reservation

6. Take left after Kenwood school thru the Wildlife management are

7. Take a left West at Hwy 20 for 1.5 miles, take a right (N) on hwy 28 for 2 miles Take a right(E) on (we call it the Zena Turnpike) but it is named something else.

8..proceed East on Zena Turnpike to Jay, take hwy 20 East to SW city MO

9. Head N out of SW City on 43, intersect hwy 90 to Noel, MO

10. Proceed E until hwy 90 T's in to hwy ??, take ?? South to (Left onto Hwy 112E

11. Take a hard right at the end of 112 on hwy FF East to hwy FF to hwy 86E to Hwy 23 South into eureka springs, Ark

12. You guys are on your own after that, I am going to Bubbas for some BarBQue......You have to find your own way home.

Kieth in Tulsa 918-446-2245 :weapons_90:

·
Registered
259 Posts
East to Arkansas

Anyone who want to go with us to eureka Springs, just show up Sat morning at 9:00, I will be riding my 2 up bike a K1200LT BMW, hope I can keep up with you young guys in the twisties :rolleyes: See you on Saturday,

Kieth 918-446-2245

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Kieth,

I'll be there at 9:00 am or I will call if not. I road out to Eureka Springs last Saturday. A buddy and I just headed out 412 scenic to 540 north and then took 62 into Eureka Springs. Awesome scenery on 62. I need to get a warmer riding jacket for Saturday. It's supppose to be chilly that morning.

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a good route to take back...

I just got a brand new leather jacket, been riding out in the yuck today, it's amazingly warm.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Returning back to Tulsa

I normally try and return on Hwy 16, All the way back to Siloam Springs, this keeps you off the slab and in the corners. catch 412 4 lane for a few miles and then back on 412 scenic, until it returns to 412 4 lane. No tolls and as fast as the 4 lane due to traffic.............JMO Kieth :weapons_90:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Well Crap!! I can't go now because of work. I'm behind on a project and getting heat.

Steve

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Ok now I am going to go. Sheesh

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just as a frame of reference for me, what's the timetable like on this ride? If we were able to leave the QT around 9'ish, what would be the ETA for Eureka Springs?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Kieth told me we would be in Eureka by 12:30 or so. It's 150 miles back to tulsa. I'll give you a call at the bixby chillis.

Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sounds like a fun ride!!!

Hope to join y'all soon - but I don't have a Wee yet. I have a seat & a windshield - but still waiting on the rest :lol1: (maybe I'll I post some pics on the pics thread!!);)

I'm just north of you in Bartlesville -

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Hey, get that wee. We will all try to give you the ADV rider salute too in a pic. I gotta hit the sack, still mildly buzzed from tonights festivities.

Steve

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Had a great time today, albeit I am sore as hell now. I rode with keith and Chris and got schooled by Keith on the twisties. He was two up and on a big ass BWM of some sort. I realized today I know nothing about going through a turn, but big compliments to Kieth for giving me pointers. I'll get there one day.

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it was definitely a fun day! Sorry I had to turn back a little early, but such is life. On my way back through towards SW City, there was zero traffic in front of me and I was able to really push it a little bit harder. Got back down to the Cherokee turnpike and made great time back to Bixby. We will definitely have to do it again!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts