StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes there are Stroms in Oklahoma

I thought it'd be good to put the pics & commentary in a new thread. More to follow. Ken, I'm going to grab your pics and put them inline here so we don't have to click on the thumbnails ... Yes, it was a great day.

Nemo

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the good ol' boys and their Stroms (& 1 Suzi sportbike) at the Rock Cafe in Stroud, OK.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here we are at a "nature preserve" off Rt. 66. We will return when the wild rabbits are running.

Mike looking for something.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quite a gathering!

Looks like you guys had a great turn out. When the days get a little longer and warmer we'll be up to meet you'ns. We rode locally on our cruiser with some friends and got home a little after dark, boy it was cooling off quick.

None of my Vee parts have made it in yet, the TFI is back ordered on 1 order and the Ferodo brake pads on the other. So still waiting.

Glad to see that ya'll had a good ride.

Randy.
V Strom" media="(max-width: 640px)"> V Strom" media="(max-width: 960px)"> V Strom" media="(max-width: 1920px)">

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I was impressed with the turnout myself. Newner (Brian) did a great job pulling the thing together. 'Course he posted his pics in the other thread and totally ignored this one :eek: . Anyway it was a fun time and all the guys were comedians ... I really enjoyed it. Hope to see everybody again soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just found it.

Yep I was impressed with the turnout myself. Newner (Brian) did a great job pulling the thing together. 'Course he posted his pics in the other thread and totally ignored this one :eek: . Anyway it was a fun time and all the guys were comedians ... I really enjoyed it. Hope to see everybody again soon.
Sorry, just found your thread!.... Waiting for suggestions for the next Okie Day, hope we can find another quality destination to meet up at.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The next destination?

I spoke with RichDesmond this weekend and he mentioned that we should meet up on a Saturday at Eischen's in Okarche, only problem is that it is on the west side of OKC by about 30min(?) and they are not open on Sunday for those who work Saturdays. This is not a bad idea for the OKC guys and those who are not geographically anal. It would be nice to find a distination for April that almost everyone agrees on, any recommendations?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like fun to me!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have lost a great Historical gathering place on the Mother Road. My prayers and condolences are with the owners and patrons of this fine establishment.

http://newsok.com/fire-destroys-historic-stroud-restaurant/article/3246548/?tm=1211390342
This is a big Loss! Living in Stroud I see riders all day long escaping to the landmark for a Buffalo Burger. Dawn (the owner) has always been good at keeping that place up and going, I hope she can rebuild.

OH well...... I found this for any of you who might be interested!

Okie Bad Brads meet and greet? Saturday May 31st
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341136

This looks like fun to me, I am going to try to go!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
hello from Norman

I just found this thread.. haven't ridden a bike in 25 years, getting ready to buy a V-Strom 650. I take the safety/training course in 2 weeks (Midwest City, I hope it's a good course)..

anyway - I'd appreciate recommendations as to the most excellent dealers within a reasonable distance from Norman, and/or if anyone has knowledge of a great barely used or unsold pre '08 VStrom 650.

any and all advice gratefully received.

thanks -

·
Registered
59 Posts
Need OK Strom meet

I missed the other one. It's starting to get cool enough for another get together. I'm in South Ok but willing to trailer my bike and ride it a couple of miles. Oh, wait, I've got a Strom, it doesn't need a trailer. :lol1:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts