StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new tire for my wee. Anyone have suggestions for a (cheap and fast) shop to get it mounted.

I can take the rear wheel off if necessary, but I really don't have the expertise, equipment, or desire to remove, mount and balance the tire. Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Motorcycle Tire Shop

The Motorcycle Tire Shop at 2300 S. Agnew. $15 and 20 minutes later, he had installed the tire I ordered online. Careful though, this guy is a real character!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Installing tires

8 of us got together and purchased a real tire maching, balancing equipment, and a motorcycle platform like they have in the dealerships. I keep it in my shop and all this equipment cost us about $300.00 each.
After changing a lot of tires out, balancing , and remounting the fee the dealerships charge no longer sounds unreasonable. We continue to do it ourselves so we can have a better idea of the overall condition of our bikes, and we feel by balancing our own stuff we do a little better job. Kieth

We all need to quit buying tires online and then expect the local shops to mount our tires for us, do a little bargaining with your local dealer including mounting and balancing and the actual price will not be all that different. The best way to have a dealer mount a tire is to take the wheel and tire in off the bike, they do not incur as much liabilaty this way and will normally do it for less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts