StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to why there is such a lack of posting from my fellow Vstrom riders I see around here?
Is it because your shy?
Not interested in sharing thoughts and idea's?
Too busy riding?
Im curious :rolleyes::confused:

Just trying to draw out any lurkers...I dont have enough riding buddies :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hook up for a ride sometime

Although I currently live in Burnaby, I do have a place in OK Falls where I plan to retire in about 2 years. I'm up there on a regular basis (not always with the Strom). I'll probably be there for all of the first 3 weeks of August. If you OK Strommers are planning a ride, I'd love to join you. Particularly if there is some low-skill off road riding.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
ok ride

im in oliver visiting my mom , i plan too go to kelowna eather the third , 4th , fifth, or sixth too look at tank bags and boots at valleymotosports . i could handle a ride around the west side road or thirsk lake [sumerland] some time this week as im on holidays [i did see one strom, blue or black with side cases is that you] or any where . wish the rain would stop

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in Summerland,Penticton,Ok falls and half way to Keremeos then back to Kelowna last week for some riding pleasure..love it there so much less traffic then Kelowna.I like going anywhere away from our traffic mess :rolleyes:
I do westside road all the time..its a hoot :p
Im still off work (heart attack :() and just got the first service done on the Vee...if your around Kelowna and want to do a zip down westside road...pm me (thats if this weather gets better not worse :mad:)
We could do the Salmon river road to Salmon arm also its a nice ride :)
I bought my Vee and my KLR at Valleymoto....Cory is a great guy :) Also owns a Wee. I spent a lot of money there....:cool:
Oh and mines Black but no side cases yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in Kamloops. I have been thinking we should organize a meet for all the interior v-stromers this summer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Isn't westside road the curvy lake road that if you lose your attention span for just one second, you end up in a ditch ? :) I'm pretty sure I've been down it once last year.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't westside road the curvy lake road that if you lose your attention span for just one second, you end up in a ditch ? :) I'm pretty sure I've been down it once last year.
Sounds about right :p
Runs along westside of the lake from just above Kelowna's bridge to other side of Vernon. Popular ride :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds about right :p
Runs along westside of the lake from just above Kelowna's bridge to other side of Vernon. Popular ride :)
Ok, that's the one then! Drilled down there last Summer and saw at least 3 cruisers picking up their bikes after overshooting a few corners :) Fun riding out there. I nearly lost it on one of the corners myself LOL!

Sorry to hear about your heart attack!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, that's the one then! Drilled down there last Summer and saw at least 3 cruisers picking up their bikes after overshooting a few corners :) Fun riding out there. I nearly lost it on one of the corners myself LOL!

Sorry to hear about your heart attack!
Yeah they should stick to puttering downtown with there pipes unbaffled and "im so cool" on there face...hehe ;) kidding...really :p
Thx KLRdude Im better than new now :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm in

Hi There
I'm in Summerland. I own a 05 Wee that's light blue/gray with Givi side cases and a Shad top case. I'm riding as much as I can and would love someone to ride with.
A great ride is the loop from Summerland - Osoyoos - Beaverdell - Kelowna and back down to Summerland. I did it last Saturday. 325 klm/5 hours with breaks and lunch. It'd be nice to have a riding partner though - that way I wouldn't have felt so out of place at the Rock Creek Hotel Pub surrounded by all the biker wannabe's. Next week-end I'm meeting a buddy in Merrit and we're riding over the Douglas Lake Ranch to Falkland and then into Vernon. We certainly don't mind having as many as want to join us. Likewise, in two weeks my buddy and I are going to the Horizons Unlimited rally in Princeton. Again, the more the merrier.
Anyway - I'll check this site often and see if anyone is up for a ride next time I'm planning something.
BTW - I'm a middle aged rider that just took up the sport last year so I'm not an agressive rider. I only obtained my license last Aug but my buddy and I, and my son and my brother-in-law, rode from Phoenix Az to the Panama canal in January. Not on Strom's though, I'm afraid. Good ol Honda's.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
rock creek

today i rode up the hill from osoyos towards rock creek , it has too have some of the finest corners in bc . i just rode too the top and back, pouring rain the way down . i will be going through rock creek on my way home next week . it has alot of stuffed animals in it . i recall a bob cat mounted . anyway all winter my goal was too hang them corners up that hill come spring and i did enjoy it very much . half way through the sharpest corner all layed over a motorcyclist at the rest stop waved . i waved back as my tach was at about 9000 rpm . god i love my v strom

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi There
I'm in Summerland. I own a 05 Wee that's light blue/gray with Givi side cases and a Shad top case. I'm riding as much as I can and would love someone to ride with.
A great ride is the loop from Summerland - Osoyoos - Beaverdell - Kelowna and back down to Summerland. I did it last Saturday. 325 klm/5 hours with breaks and lunch. It'd be nice to have a riding partner though - that way I wouldn't have felt so out of place at the Rock Creek Hotel Pub surrounded by all the biker wannabe's. Next week-end I'm meeting a buddy in Merrit and we're riding over the Douglas Lake Ranch to Falkland and then into Vernon. We certainly don't mind having as many as want to join us. Likewise, in two weeks my buddy and I are going to the Horizons Unlimited rally in Princeton. Again, the more the merrier.
Anyway - I'll check this site often and see if anyone is up for a ride next time I'm planning something.
BTW - I'm a middle aged rider that just took up the sport last year so I'm not an agressive rider. I only obtained my license last Aug but my buddy and I, and my son and my brother-in-law, rode from Phoenix Az to the Panama canal in January. Not on Strom's though, I'm afraid. Good ol Honda's.
Cheers
Is next weekend mean tomorrow? I have to help my neighbour with new fence this weekend...if its the 14th I may be able to join you guys..I'd love to do that ride :)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
today i rode up the hill from osoyos towards rock creek , it has too have some of the finest corners in bc . i just rode too the top and back, pouring rain the way down . i will be going through rock creek on my way home next week . it has alot of stuffed animals in it . i recall a bob cat mounted . anyway all winter my goal was too hang them corners up that hill come spring and i did enjoy it very much . half way through the sharpest corner all layed over a motorcyclist at the rest stop waved . i waved back as my tach was at about 9000 rpm . god i love my v strom
Woot!! You crazy man...:p
Im going to travel the Kootenies soon as I can...that rides a must too :)

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi There
I'm in Summerland. I own a 05 Wee that's light blue/gray with Givi side cases and a Shad top case. Cheers
Were you at Valleymotosport today?...saw one there today but didnt see the rider :eek:
I think most of us are middle aged arent we ;) I love going that way we'll get some rides in for sure :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts